Friday, October 9, 2015

Bear on Ornament, Circle Spinner Card (Fairy Tale Challenge #128)


Happy Friday everyone! :o)

It's time for a new challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.

The theme for this fortnight is #128, Tiere im Wald / Woodland (Forest) Animals.

A prize for one lucky winner this time is a CD-Rom with Christmas printables. :o)


For this challenge I made an Interactive, Bear on Ornament, Circle Spinner Card. I love interactive cards! This is my first spinner card and I'm very satisfied how it turned out. :o)




Details about my card...

First I made card base, panel and spinning mechanism. I used Crafter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card and white on red polka dot paper from Crafter's Companion Bebunni Christmas Paper Pad.

How to make Circle Spinner Card I've learned from this video tutorial on Lawn Fawn's YouTube Channel.

I made a small difference in spinning mechanism: I used two coins and joined them together with a magnet and glued everything with UHU super glue. I did this after my mechanism started to fall apart. I made a mistake and used large heavy coin. When I glued a foam and image together with coin, everything fall. So, I didn't want to ruin my card construction and pull out coin, instead I used one more coin, small rounded magnet I had in my stash and glued everything together. This worked and it still works! :o)

Image I used is from C.C. Designs Rubber Stamps 'Christmas With Ralphie' stamp set. I stamped a bear on ornament on white watercoloring paper, colored him in watercoloring technique using Distress Inks, water and fine brush.

After drying I fussy cut the image and colored edges with black Stabilo pen. Then I stamped another image on a white cardstock paper, glued colored image over it and fussy cut it, but this time leaving white border around the image.

When I placed the image on card I didn't like it, so I fussy cut whole image, removing white border, stamped another image on the Kraft cardstock paper, glued fussy cut image over it and (again) fussy cut image leaving border around it. Better repair than threw away. :o)

Satisfied with the image, I glued 3-D foam on the outer coin and image on it.

At the end I stamped sentiment on the piece of Kraft cardstock paper. I used part of sentiment from Jane's Doodles 'Mr. & Mrs. Claus' stamp set. I stamped it with Distress Ink Walnut Stain. I cut out banner, glued 3-D foams on it and placed it on the card.

Here is a short video of my Circle Spinner Card. Looove this! :o)

(incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0


Card dimensions are 107 mm x 139 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").

List of supplies: 
  • C.C. Designs Rubber Stamps 'Christmas with Ralphie' (set of two stamps)
  • Jane's Doodles 'Mr. & Mrs. Claus' stamp set (sentiment)
  • Crafter's Companion Bebunni Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Paper Pad
  • Craftter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card
  • white cardstock paper
  • white watercooring paper
  • two coins (10 Euro cents)
  • small magnet
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks
    • Barn Door
    • Brushed Corduroy
    • Walnut Stain
    • Vintage Photo
    • Black Soot
  • Stabilo Pen Black 68/46
  • strong double sided adhesive tape
  • UHU super glue
  • Sakura Quickie Glue Pinpoint Roller
  • 3-D adhesive foams
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • scoring board
  • trimmer
  • scissors
  • tweezers
  • EK Success Circle Cutter
  • Marabu fine paint brush no. #1
  • Tim Holtz's blending tool
  • water 
  • paper towels
  • Washi tape (for masking)

I hope you'll like my today's card. Hop over to the Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and see gorgeous projects my Design Team Mates made for this challenge. Do join us, we can´t wait to see your projects. :o)



I am linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Art Impressions Blog, Let's go for a Spin

2) Crafting By Designs, Monthly Challenge: Anything Goes in October
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

3) Craft Your Passion Challenges, Challenge #282 - Always Anything Goes
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.in/

4) Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge, Challenge #19 - Anything Goes

5) Papertake Weekly Challenge, Anything Goes

6) Simon Says Stamp, World Card Making Day Contest
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

7) Simon Says Stamp, Work it Wednesday September 2015: Use a STAMP
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

8) Stamp and Create, October Challenge: Brown or Kraft


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Crafty Milka


P.S. Stop by later today, I'll be posting two more times.
  • Jane's Doodles, New Release Blog Hop (4 PM CEST)
  • Kitty Bee Designs, New Aloha Friday Challenge (5 PM CEST)

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic spinning card you have created, such a cute image and thank you for joining our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. We would love to see you again.Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely spinner card, it's so cute!! Love the paper you used and the little sweet bear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super adorable! I love how you made the spinner aspect to it using coins and a magnet! Thanks for playing along with us over at Art Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cute! He's having a jolly time indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your spinner card! Bear is so cute !!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...