Friday, October 9, 2015

Hey Chickie Card (KBD Aloha Friday Challenge #58)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone :o) 

My third post today... If you missed first two just scroll down or follow these links, here and here.


Today a new Aloha Friday Challenge starts at Kitty Bee Designs.

New challenge for this fortnight is #58 - Animals.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Bugaboo Digi Stamps, with an awesome prize for our random winner: 7 digital images of winner's choice. :o)
http://www.bugaboostamps.com/


For this challenge I made this Hey Chickie Card, using our sponsor's funny image 'Hey Chickie'.



Image is paper pieced and it has three layers.

First I printed the image on design paper panel and colored it whole with black Stabilo pen (marker). When paper piecing, I always color image or parts that will be hidden (under layers) with black pen. If I make mistake when gluing everything together, that will be hardly visible because of black under layer. :o)

Then I printed two more images on a white watercoloring paper and colored it in watercoloring technique, using Stabilo pens (markers), fine brush and water. I learned that from a great video tutorial by Julia Altermann, how to watercolor using inexpensive Stabilo pens.

After coloring, I fussy cut colored parts, colored edges with black Stabilo pen (marker), glued two pieces together and glued them over the image printed on design paper.

I glued the panel on a white cardstock base, added some gloss resin on the image to create glossy accents and add more dimension to my card and my card was finished. :o)


Card dimensions are 107 mm x 139 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").

List of supplies: 
  • Bugaboo Digi 'Hey Chickie'
  • Lili of the Valley 'Pastel Dreams' paper pad
  • white cardstock paoer 
  • white watercoloring paper 
  • Stabilo Pens (markers) 68
    • Yellow 44
    • Orange 54
    • Reds: 50, 19
    • Blues: 57, 41, 32
    • Browns: 89, 75
    • Grey 94
    • Black 46
  • UHU universal glue 
  • white water based glue 
  • gloss resin super-clear 
  • printer
  • scoring board 
  • trimmer
  • scissors 
  • Marabu fine paint brush no. #2
  • hairdryer 
  • crafting needle 
  • paper towels 
  • water 

Stop by the Kitty Bee Designs blog and check out lovely projects my Design Team mates created. And don´t forget to join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :o)



I am linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Catch The Bug Challenge, October Anything Goes Challenge

2) Craft Your Passion Challenges, Challenge #282 - Always Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.in/

3) Crafty Sentiments Designs, Anything Goes Challenge

4) Digi Designs Challenge Blog, Animals acting like Humans Challenge

5) Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge, Challenge #19 - Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

6) Little Miss Muffet Challenges, Challenge #122 - Anything Goes

7) Papertake Weekly Challenge, Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Crafty Milka

10 comments:

  1. Very fun card! This chick is so pretty!
    ..Thanks for the tip of colour the underlayers with the black marker, it's great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!! I love that chicks big, wonky eyes! Super cute, thank you for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Milka, I like the design and the fun Chick
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Milka! Love this cute little image. You have colored it beautifully. Thanks for sharing how you created it!

    I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also. I am having a blog celebration; with lots of prizes. I would love for you to join as a follower, comment on my blog celebration post and add your blog to Mr. Linky.

    Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you again in the next challenge. Good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your CAS card is LOVELY - Bold and bright and certainly eyecatching! Thank you for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog this week. Please join us again soon. Good luck in the prize draw.
    love
    Jen L
    BUGABOO STAMPS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty in all its simplicity. I really like how the colors of the chickie pops from the soft colored background. Well done!
    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Catch the Bug and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful project
    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Design
    XOXO
    Mel DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cutee.. love it.. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge #19.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and good luch at the draw.. <3

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...