Saturday, October 24, 2015

Rainbow Snail Mail Card Set

Hi everyone :o)

Today I want to share with you a Rainbow Snail Mail Card Set. I made seven CAS (clean and simple), one layer cards and decorated seven bought envelopes to match cards.


First I draw paths and wrote word 'mail' with a pencil, traced all lines with Stabilo fine black pen, left all dry couple of minutes and erased pencil lines.

Then I stamped super cute snail from Paper Smooches 'Forest Whimsy' stamp set directly onto card bases and envelopes. I stamped more snails on white 120 grams paper. From my experience, cardstock paper I use for card bases doesn't give good results when coloring on it with colored pencils, so I went with layering image stamped on paper over image stamped on cardstock.

I colored snails stamped on white paper with colored pencils, fussy cut them out, colored edges with black Stabilo Marker, and glued them over snails stamped on card bases. I also colored snails stamped on envelopes.

At the end I covered all snails, on cards and envelopes, with a gloss resin to create glossy accents.








All cards measure 101 mm x 133 mm (4" x 5 1/4") and envelopes 168 mm x 114 mm (6 5/8" x 4 1/2").

List of supplies: 


  • Paper Smooches 'Forest Whimsy' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • white paper (120 grams)
  • white envelopes (these were bought)
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • colored pencil (skin color)
  • Koh-i-noor woodless colored pencils 
    • Pyrrole Red 170
    • Reddish Orange 2
    • Chrome Yellow 1
    • Meadow Green 4
    • Cobalt Blue 6
    • Sapphire Blue 7
    • Lavender Violet 8
  • Stabilo Black Pen 88/46, fine 0.4
  • Stabilo Black Marker 68/46
  • gloss resin super clear
  • scoring board
  • trimmer
  • scissors
  • tweezers
  • polymer stamp handle (38 mm x 38 mm)
  • crafting needle


I am entering my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #167 - Make Your Mark

2) Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge Blog, October 18-24 Anything Goes (wk3) Challenge

3) The Cat's Pajamas, TCP Tuesday (TCPTUES301) Anything Goes Challenge

4) The Daily Marker, 3rd 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Crafty Milka

8 comments:

  1. These are super cute Milka, I love them
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a clever idea and very cute cards! Love so much these snails!! Wonderful CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable cards! I love that you did your on illustrating. Thanks so much for joining us for TCP Tuesday Challenge! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how wonderful :-D These are a fabulous idea and that is one super cute snail :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute Milka, wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweet set of CAS cards. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable and such a fun and creative idea! Thank you for joining us a ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...