Saturday, September 10, 2016

Rhino Sending Sunshine Card

Hi everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you CAS (clean and simple), Rhino Sending Sunshine Card.


My card is a CASE of super cute card made by Francine Vuillème of 1001 cartes. Beautiful color scheme, lovely scene, fantastic CAS design! :o)

Francine is a very talented and creative crafty friend from Switzerland. I love her crafting style. Her simple design and stunning coloring blows me away every time she shares a new card. :o)

I used same products on my card as Francine did, created the same scene, layout and color scheme, but my rhino looks different and I colored him with different mediums. We both did some paper piecing on the image, only mine has a bit more pieces. Also, I created background scene directly on a card base and Francine did it on a white panel. :o) This so much reminds me on "spot the difference" game, which I love since always. :o)

Stop by Francine´s blog, 1001 cartes, and see her stunning creations. You can find her also on YouTubeFBPinterest.


And nowhow I made my card...

I started with the rhino from Create a Smile 'Beach Party' kit. He is paper pieced. I masked his swimming mask using washi tape, inked stamp, removed washi tape and stamped the rhino on a piece of white cardstock paper. I repeated same and stamped the rhino on a piece of white watercolor paper two more times. At last I stamped his shirt on a piece of designer paper from the kit.

Then I colored pieces I needed in watercolor technique. After coloring, I fussy cut all pieces, colored their edges with black marker and glued pieces together.

Next up was a background. Francine used masking paper in this step. I used piece of cardstock paper and made a stencil using Circle Cutter. I cut out a circle on the cardstock and used both, cut out circle and negative to blend the scene. This is so fun and so easy since I got Tim Holtz Mini Blending Tool. One of the greatest gifts this year. :o)

Like Francine, I stamped tinny dots over the sand to make sand more realistic. Then I stamped a sentiment directly on a card base. I used different sentiment from Francine's. Sentiment is from Create a Smile 'Sending Sunshine' kit.

I glued 3-D foams on the back of the rhino and glued him on the card. I glued enamel dots on the card, rounded top corners with a rounded corner paper puncher and my card was finished.



Card dimensions: 92 mm x  121 mm (3 5/8" x 4 3/4")

List of supplies: 
  • stamp set, design paper and enamel stickers from Create a Smile 'Beach Party' kit
  • sentiment from stamp set from Create a Smile 'Sending Sunshine' kit
  • white cardstock paper
  • white watercolor paper
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim Hotlz's Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Spiced Marmalade
    • Tumbled Glass
    • Broken China
    • Tea Dye
    • Hickory Smoke
  • colored pencils: pink and skin color
  • Docrafts Dye Ink Pad (brown)
  • Stabilo Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
  • Pritt white waterbased glue
  • 3-D foam self adhesive pads
  • scissors 
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm) 
  • Fiskars High Precission Personal Paper Trimmer
  • EK Success Circle Cutter
  • rounded corner paper puncher
  • Marabu rounded fine paintbrush no. #0
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • crafting needle
  • handmade circle stencil (posititve and negative)
  • water
  • paper towels
  • washi tape (for masking and stencil fixing)


I'm very satisfied how my card turned out. :o) Thank you Francine for the inspiration! :o)



I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.


1) bastel-traum, Challenge #44 Mask / Stencil / Die Cutting
I did some masking on the image and used circle stencil to create background.

2) Little Miss Muffet Challenges, Challenge #146 - Anything Goes


This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

4) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, Stamp It
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Milka, I like the image and the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Milka! Love it! And the tiny dots are just perfect for the sand! Great CASEing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scene. I adore the sunshine and this cute image! Thank you for stamping with us over SSS Monday Challenge. Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous CAS card. Love the bright sunshine sponging on the background. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Stamp it Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Loove your rhino!! You paper pieced his shirt, that's awesome!! The colors of the background are gooorgeous too! Thanks so much for playing along with bastel-traum! Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...