Tuesday, August 22, 2017

You Are Magical Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this CAS (clean and simple), shaker, You Are Magical Card.


I made this card for my niece Tea who's 7th birthday is tomorrow. 

This shaker card was so easy to create. I used stamps from an ADORABLE Jane's Doodles 'Magical' stamp set. LOVE!!! :o)

I was inspired with colors from a photo below shared on Addicted to Stamps and More blog for the challenge #255 - Photo inspiration. :o)

I stamped a dragon on a thick watercolor paper and colored it in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the dragon and colored edges with black marker. As a finishing touch I added white highlights and dots on the dragon and set it aside.

I mixed various sequins to get my own mix. :o)

Then I worked on shaker construction. 

I cut a white carstock panel, a bit smaller than a card base, and cut out circle window on it. I stamped a sentiment below the window and glued a piece of acetate on the back of the panel to close the window. I glued foam sheet square with a circle window on it on the back of the panel, filled the window with shaker mix and glued it on the card base.

Lastly, I glued 3-D foams on the dragon and placed it on the card. To make the card sturdier, I glued a white cardstock paper panel inside the card. :o)


Short video....

Card dimensions: 102 mm x 133 mm (4" x 5 1/4")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Magical' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • Koh-i-noor pop Aquarel Watercolor Paper, 250 gms (image)
    • Crafter's Companion Acetate Sheet
    • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
    • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
      • Tumbled Glass
      • Mermaid Lagoon
      • Wilted Violet
    • Uniball Signo White
    • Stabilo Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
    • UHU universal glue
    • double sided strong adhesive tape
    • foam sheet square, 3 mm thick
    • foam sheet scraps, 1 mm thick
    • various sequins (violet sequins + some from CAS sequin mix from 'Beach Party' kit + some from CAS sequin mix from 'Frosty Fun' kit)
    • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
    • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
    • EK Success Circle Cutter
    • scissors
    • bone folder
    • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
    • paper towels
    • water



    I'm linking my card to following challenges:
    Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

    1) Crafty Creations Challenges, #348 - Anything Goes
    This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

    2) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, August 2017, Anything Goes
    This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

    3) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, Add a Sentiment
    This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

    4) Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday, July 2017: Add Sparkle!
    Glitter, sequinsglittery paper, etc. Just add some BLING!
    This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


    Milka

    6 comments:

    1. Fabulous shaker card Milka!! Love this colours combo and the cute dragon! Your niece will be very happy to receive it for her birthday!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love your color combo and shaker element, Milka! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Add a Sentiment” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

      ReplyDelete
    3. predivna je!
      obožavam šaker čestitke!

      ReplyDelete
    4. He is so cute!!!! I love the shiny look! Thank you so much for joining us at the HLS Watercolor challenge. Jenny x

      ReplyDelete

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...