Monday, September 18, 2017

CAS Plant Birthday Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this CAS Plant Birthday Card.



I made this card for a principal of the school I work at, who's birthday was this weekend.

I used stamps from two beautiful Jane's Doodles stamp sets: 'Plants' and 'CAKE!'. :o)


I stamped a plant image on a watercolor paper and colored the plant in watercolor technique using Distress Ink. After drying, I fussy cut the image leaving white thin border around it.

Then I stamped a sentiment on a white cardstock paper panel (I did some masking on the sentiment), glued the panel on a foam sheet square and glued it on a top folded card base. I also glued another panel inside the card to make it sturdier.

I love dimension on my cards, so I glued foam on the image too and glued it above the sentiment. Lastly, I embellished the card with violet sequins. :o)

Card dimensions: 89 mm x 89 mm (3.5" x 3.5")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Plants' stamp set
  • Jane's Doodles 'CAKE!' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • Koh-i-noor pop Aquarel Watercolor Paper, 250 gms (image)
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Cracked Pistachio
    • Lucky Clover
    • Wilted Violet
  • violet sequins from Pretty Pink Posh exclusive sequin mix for Create a Smile 'Frosty Fun' kit
  • foam sheet, 1 mm thick
  • foam sheet scraps, 1 mm thick
  • UHU universal glue
  • Gloss Resin Super Clear
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • scissors
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • paper towels
  • water
  • Crystal Katana
  • scotch tape (for masking)



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, September 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 4th entry to this challenge.

2) The Daily Marker, 8th 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 4th entry to this challenge.
colored: DAY 17


At the end of this post....

Jane stocked up the shop and is offering 15% off on all clear stamps. No code needed. The discount is calculated at the checkout. Sale ends at midnight, so there's still some time left to grab this amazing opportunity. :o)


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

5 comments:

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...