Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Blue Christmas Ornaments Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hello everyone! :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this CAS (clean and simple), Blue Christmas Ornaments Card:o)


To create this card I used stamps from two gorgeous winter themed Jane's Doodles stamp sets: Deck the Halls and Driving Home For Christmas.

 
   
I stamped ornaments on a watercolor paper and colored them in watercolor technique.

This time I used Stabilo fibre-tip pens for watercoloring. I haven't colored with them for a long time. I gave all my Stabilo pens to my niece this summer. Recently I bought new ones and decided to color a bit with them. They are inexpensive and great for coloring directly on paper or for watercoloring. Amazing Julia Altermann of Just One More Card experimented a lot with them and shared various coloring techniques on her blog on YouTube channel. All I know about coloring with Stabilo fibre-tip pens I learned from Julia. :o) Check this great tutorial about how to watercolor using inexpensive Stabilo pens.

After coloring and drying, I fussy cut ornaments and traced edges with black marker.

Then I stamped a sentiment and two ornaments directly on a white top folded card base, colored ornaments with black marker and drew threads with a fine liner using a ruler.

When I paper piece or add dimension to my card, I mostly go with this technique: stamp an image on a card base (or panel), color it with black marker and glue over same colored image. Black background for pieced or pop-up images is perfect, as it hides all those imperfections when fussy cutting or gluing pieces together.

Lastly I glued colored ornaments over black colored ornaments. I glued one ornament directly on the card base. I glued second ornament on a foam sheet piece, fussy cut it out and glued on the card base. Simple way to create different dimension on a card and it adds a bit of interest to CAS design. :o)

Card dimensions: 95 mm x 133 mm (3 3/4" x 5 1/4")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Deck the Halls' stamp set
  • Jane's Doodles 'Driving Home For Christmas' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Stabilo fibre-tip pens (markers)
    • Light Blue 68/57
    • Dark Blue 68/41
    • Dark Grey 68/96
    • Black 68/46
  • Mittsubishi Pencil, Black Fine Liner 03
  • UHU universal glue
  • foam sheet, 1 mm thick
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • paper towels
  • water
  • scissors
  • ruler



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Craft Stamper Magazine, Take It Make It Challenge: December (An Anything Goes Stamping Challenge)
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

2) Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, Christmas/Winter Holidays
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

At the end of this post...
Jane has bunch of stamp sets on sale. Be sure to stop by the store and check them out. :o)


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

7 comments:

  1. Your coloring with Stabilo pens looks stunning, such accurate work! The baubles have a fab dimensional look, you are so talented! Amazing card!
    Thanks for the link to the video tutorial!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. predivna je!

    Happy Holidays !🎄🎅⛄
    hugs , Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous CAS christmas card, Milka !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply stunning Good Luck in the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully CAS. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant and so beautiful. Love it!
    Thank you for playing along with our Craft Stamper challenge; Hopefully I'll see you with us again in January!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...