Thursday, June 11, 2015

In the Garden Notebook (Hanna and Friends #224)

Hi everyone :-D

Today I am posting my fifth project as a Guest Designer at Hanna and Friends.
http://just-hanna-stamps.blogspot.com/

New challenge for this fortnight is #224 - Im Garten / In the Garden.

Our sponsor for this fortnight is Kulricke, with an awesome prize for one lucky winner: 15€ store Voucher


For this challenge I made this In the Garden Notebook.


I used beautiful image 'Sweet 'n Sassy' from Little Cottage Cuties Collection, illustrated by Elisabeth Bell for Whimsy Stamps. This one I got stamped on a thick paper from a friend.

I colored the image with colored pencils.

I made notebook covers from Kraft cardboard and glued white papers inside. Kraft cardboard is from an old box I had in my stash.

I distressed covers with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy and sprayed whole surface with water.

After drying, I distressed edges of notebook with scissors, as well as papers I used to decorate notebook and edges around the image. At the end I embellished notebook with wooden flowers and butterfly.


Notebook dimensions are 95 mm x 120 mm (3 3/4" x 4 3/4").

List of supplies: 
  • 'Sweet 'n Sassy' stamped image illustrated by Elisabeth Bell for Whimsy Stamps (this was a gift from a friend crafter) 
  • Graphic 45 paper collection 'French Country', 8 x 8
  • Graphic 45 paper collection 'French Country', 6 x 6 (Patterns and Solids)
  • Kraft cardboard 
  • white paper
  • wooden flowers and butterfly 
  • colored pencils (skin color, pink, olive green, green, yellow, red, blue, light browns, dark brown, grey) 
  • Tim Holtz's Distressed Ink (Brushed Corduroy)
  • UHU universal glue 
  • scoring board 
  • trimmer
  • scissors 
  • spray bottle 
  • water 

Stop by the Hanna and Friends and check out lovely projects Design Team and other Guest Designers created for this challenge. Do join us in this challenge, we are looking forward to see your projects. :-D


I am entering my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Crafting by Designs, Monthly Challenge: June Anything Goes Challenge
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.com/

2) Craft my life, All Crafts Challenge June/July

3) Live & Love Crafts' Inspiration and Challenge Blog, Challenge #36 - In the Garden
http://liveandlovecrafts.blogspot.com/

4) Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, For the Love of Plants 

5) Stempelgarten Challenge, Challenge #38 - Blumen- Saison / Flower Season 
http://stempelgartenchallenge.blogspot.ch/

6) Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenges, Challenge 83 - Anything but a square card 


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful Milka, I love the gorgeous image
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable notebook and your colouring is beautiful! Really lovely project and thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.....this one one of my very first stamps. Back then it was released by Sugar Nellie. :-) Thanks for joining LLC's "In the Garden" challenge with your great project.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toll gemacht und sehr schön coloriert!
    Danke das du bei Stempelgarten mitmachst und viel Glück.
    LG Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card... cute image and lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at Stempelgarten challenge.
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous notebook Milka, so sweet and rustic!! Love the contrast by the colourful cute image and the cardboard! Your colouring is amazing as always and surely a notebook is a useful gift for anyone. Love the wooden embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...