Friday, January 29, 2021

12 Days of Christmas - Day 10 - Ornament Shaped Reindeer Card

Happy Friday! :o)

My second post today. If you missed the first one, just scroll down, or follow a direct link here.


Welcome to 10th Day of my 12 Days of Christmas Series. I took a short break with sharing my series here with you (again). I had doctors' appointments and some tests to run and was too tired to write blog posts since Monday. 

Today I want to share with you this Ornament Shaped Reindeer Card.

 
To make this card, I was inspired with my cards that I shared on Monday here on my blog (here).


How I made the card...

First I die cut all parts from a white cardstock paper

I die cut an ornament three times. I used only frames, rest I left for other projects. I glued together frames (stacked frame die-cuts) and left them aside.

Then I die cut a reindeer three times, glued them together and left them aside.

Then I die cut a hanger two times and glued them together.

I used negative part of the die-cut ornament as a stencil. I traced the ornament shape twice on the white cardstock paper and cut them out. I used them to create a card base, but first I ink blended Distress Inks directly on one ornament shape panel. When I was satisfied with the color, I splattered the panel with a water, dabbed the surface with a paper towel and left the panel to dry on air. Then I mixed a white tempera color with a bit of water, splattered the panel and again left it dry on air.

After drying, all parts for my card were ready. I assembled the card. I glued two ornament shapes on the top and got the card base. Then I glued the frame on the card base, glued the stacked reindeer in the center of ornament shape glued the stacked hanger on the top of the ornament and my card was finished. I really like how my card turned out. :o)


List of supplies:
  • Wiler Creativity Cutting Dies, reindeer die cut (gift from a dear friend Alice of Scrap & C... THANK YOU ALICE!!! )
  • Create a Smile 'Frosty Fun' kit (ornament die)
  • Sizzix Big Shot
  • white cardstock paper
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Broken China
    • Peacock Feathers
  • UHU liquid glue
  • Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • scissors
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tools
  • Koh-i-noor tempera color, white
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. 3/0
  • water
  • paper towels



Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

3 comments:

  1. Uau, tudi ta v obliki okraska je fantastična. In ta modra barva je tako zelo lepa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous ornament, love the shape and your blended background! The reindeer really stand out in three layers, great dimension!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...