Hi everyone! :o)
Today I'm continuing with my 12 Days of Christmas Series. Today is 5th Day of day of my series.
Due to some important private stuff I had to finish, I took again a short break from sharing my series... This series is really not working as I planed, but I'm determined to finish sharing what I planned. :o)
By now, I only had giveaways and I Love Math Challenge #18 that I incorporated in this series. If you like, you can check all posts I shared by now here, or following these links:
There is still some time left to join the Day 4 Giveaway, as well as I Love Math Challenge #18 (Day 3). :o)
I'm continuing my 12 Days of Christmas Series with a card: Sweet Holidays Mini Circle Card. It was my spotlight project for Jane's Doodles on Tuesday, November 27th, 2020. I didn't share it here on my blog earlier because I wanted to share it in series I planned prior Christmas, but that also didn't work as I planned (I wrote about it here).
To make this card I used stamps from two SUPER CUTE Jane's Doodles stamp sets: 'Holiday Sweets' and 'Warm and Cozy'. ♥
How I made my card....
First I created a background panel. I randomly stamped candy canes and candies on a Kraft paper in watermark stamping technique using VersaMark Watermark Ink. Then I die cut a wonky stitched circle from the paper and heat embossed a sentiment in white on it.
Then I splattered the panel with a white tempera color mixed with a bit of water and left the panel to dry on air.
Next up was card base. I cut two circles from a white cardstock paper and glued them together on the top. Then I glued the panel on the circle card base.
Next up was an image. I stamped an adorable gingerbread man on a watercolor paper and colored him in watercolor technique with a Distress Ink Ground Espresso. After drying, I fussy cut the gingerbread man and traced edges with a black marker.
I stamped another gingerbread man on a white cardstock paper, colored him with a grey marker and fussy cut him, leaving white thin border around him. Then I glued the watercolored gingerbread man over the grey one.
You know I love dimension on my cards. I glued 3-D foam squares on the back of the gingerbread man and glued him on the card.
As a finishing touch I drew white highlights on the gingerbread man using a white gel pen and my card was finished. :o)
I love how my card turned out. :o)
Card measurements: d = 83 mm (3 1/4")
List of supplies:
- Jane's Doodles 'Holiday Sweets' stamp set
- Jane's Doodles 'Warm and Cozy' stamp set
- white cardstock paper
- watercolor paper
- Crafter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card
- Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
- Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Ground Espresso
- Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
- Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Light Grey 68/94
- Uniball Signo White pigment ink pen
- Koh-i-noor tempera color, white
- UHU liquid glue
- 3-D foam squares, 5 x 5 x 2 mm
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- Sizzix Big Shot
- My Favorite Things, Die-namics Wonky Stitched Circle STAX
- EK Success circle cutter
- Xcut SelfHealing Cutting Mat A4
- round acrylic block
- Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. 3/0
- powder bag
- paper towels
- dry cloth
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)