Thursday, October 29, 2015

Christmas Elf Card (Crafty Creations Challenges #301)

http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone :o)

I'm a bit late with posting this one...

Yesterday a new challenge started at Crafty Creations Challenges.

Our theme for this fortnight is #301 - Colorful!!! Use 4 or more colors. Make your project colorful. :o)

Our sponsor for this challenge is SLS Lines, with a prize for our lucky winner.


For this challenge I made this Christmas Elf Card, using our sponsor's cute digital image 'Christmas Elf'.


I printed the image on a white watercoloring paper and colored it in watercoloring technique. I used Stabilo pens (markers), fine round brush and water. I learned that from a great video tutorial by Julia Altermann, how to watercolor using inexpensive Stabilo pens.

I didn't like hair color, which I first colored with mixture of yellow and orange color, as well as a bear, which was light brown, so I recolored hair and bear with Distress Inks. Much much better.

Before coloring, I covered dots on Elf's dress with gloss resin because I wanted them white and would surely smear them during coloring.

While I was coloring Elf's dress, I manged to smear bottom part of it. I didn't want to throw away the image because I really liked how I colored other parts of the image, so I printed one more image on the white watercoloring paper and colored bottom part of the image.

Then I printed one more image on design paper, fussy cut all colored pieces, colored edges with black marker and glued (layered) all pieces together.

At the end I glued designer papers and image on a white cardstock card base and covered snowflakes on the ground with gloss resin to create glossy accents.


Card dimensions are 107 mm x 139 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").

List of supplies: 
  • SLS Lines 'Christmas Elf' digital stamp
  • Crafters Companion Bebunni Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Paper Pad
  • white cardstock paper 
  • white watercoloring paper
  • Stabilo Pens 68 
    • Yellow 44
    • Orange 54
    • Pink 26
    • Reds: 48, 19
    • Blue 41
    • Greens:  33, 43
    • Brown 89
    • Grey 94
    • Black 46
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks
    • Walnut Stain
    • Vintage Photo
  • Sakura Quickie Glue Pinpoint Roller
  • double sided strong adhesive tape
  • gloss resin super clear
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer
  • scissors
  • Marabu fine round paint brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • crafting needle
  • paper towels 
  • water

Stop by the Crafty Creations Challenges to see gorgeous creations from my Design Team Mates and join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :o)



I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Christmas Card Challenges, #47 - Anything Goes

2) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #168 - Holiday
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

3) Beccy's Place, October Challenge
This is my 5th entry to this challenge.

4) Craft Your Passion Challenges, Challenge #285 - Always Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.in/

This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

6) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD Challenge from October 27th to November 2nd, Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

9 comments:

  1. ooo kako je lepa in koliko lepih barv si uporabila :-)) Simpatičen motiv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card design and sweet image .Clever work on image too . Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job colouring and layering the image Milka, it looks fabulous. I love the mix of colourful background papers and the way you have added the white borders around each. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card :) thank you for playing with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, festive design and thank you for sharing it with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring looks super.So glad you were able to rescue her dress.Love the layering of this fun,festive card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun image and well done with the colouring and layout.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layering and layout. Such a great colourful Christmas card.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...