Saturday, October 31, 2015

Mr. Bitty Halloween Card (Kitty Bee Designs Spotlight)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Happy Halloween :o)

Today it´s my turn to be on the spotlight over at Kitty Bee Designs and I made this Mr. Bitty Halloween Card.


I used an adorable image 'Mr. Bitty'. He is so fun! :o)

Details about my card... so many techniques, so much fun :o) ...

I printed the image twice, one on a white watercoloring paper and second on a cardstock paper.

I colored one image (on the watercoloring paper) in watercoloring technique, using Distress Inks (Dusty Concord and Black Soot), fine paint brush and water. Before I started coloring, I covered Mr. Bitty's eyes, cheeks and fangs with gloss resin, to create glossy accents and to prevent these parts from smearing during the coloring.

After the image was dry, I fussy cut it, colored edges with black pen and glued it over the second image printed on cardstock paper. I did this because I needed my image to be thick and watercoloring paper I use is very thin. I fussy cut image again, leaving white border around it this time.

Then I made a panel.

I cut out a circle on the white cardstock paper panel. I colored the panel by blending Distress Inks (Dusty Concord and Black Soot) with Blending Tool. When I was satisfied with color, I splattered water with my fingers over the panel and dried it.

The Moon is made in ink smooshing technique. I mixed Black Soot Distress Ink with a loot of water to get light grey color, took a piece of the watercoloring paper and smooshed colors on it. I did this in layers, drying them in between. When I was satisfied with the color of the Moon, I glued it behind the colored panel.

I used sentiment from Jane's Doodles 'Winnie Halloween' stamp set and heat embossed it directly on the panel. I wasn't satisfied, because lines were too bold and word 'happy' was unrecognizable. I didn't wan't to threw away whole panel, so I fixed it. I heat embossed same sentiment on a piece of black cardstock paper, fussy cut it and glued over the sentiment I didn't like.

At the end I put all elements together. I glued colored panel on a card base, added 3D dots behind Mr. Bitty and placed him on a card.


Card dimensions are 101 mm x 133 mm (4" x 5 1/4").

List of supplies:
  • Kitty Bee Designs 'Mr. Bitty'
  • Jane's Doodles 'Winnie Halloween' stamp set 
  • white cardstock paper
  • white watercoloring paper
  • black cardstock paper
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks
    • Dusty Concord
    • Black Soot
  • Stabilo Pen Black 68/46
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
  • double sided strong adhesive tape
  • Sakura Quickie Glue Pinpoint Roller
  • gloss resin super-clear
  • EK Success 3D dots
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer
  • scissors
  • tweezers
  • Tim Holtz's Blending Tool
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • EK Success Circle Cutter
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu fine round paint brush no. #0
  • Marabu fine flat paint brush no. #10
  • crafting needle
  • paper towels 
  • water 


I hope you enjoyed my spotlight project for this month. Check out more cute images at the Kitty Bee Designs Etsy StoreKitty Bee Designs Blog and Kitty Bee Designs FB. Be prepared for super cuteness! :o)



I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.


1) AAA Cards, Game #51: Halloween All Styles

2) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #168 - Holiday
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.

3) Art Impressions Blog, Challenge 171: Use Water-Based Inks

4) Cards und More Challenge Blog, Challenge #144 - Halloween

5) Craft Your Passion Challenges, Challenge #285 - Always Anything Goes
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.in/

6) Deep Ocean Challenge Blog, Challenge #115 - Halloween

7) Inkspirational Challenges, Challenge #94 - Cute Halooween

8) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, Anything Goes
This is my 4th entry to this challenge.

9) The Daily Marker, 3rd 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile and Have a Spooktacular Halloween! :o)


Crafty Milka 

16 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh!!! Amazing!!! Love, love this cutie and your inking!! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card - love the background - thanks for sharing your project at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's the friendliest cutest bat I've seen this year. Loving all the purple too! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun Halloween card. I love your water colored background! Thanks for playing in the Ai Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello! super sweet card, luv the background! I am thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card, love the purple and your background! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! SUPER cuteness is right! What a marvelous nigh sky and big, glowing moon you've created for that beyond-adorable bat! Seriously fantastic! Thank you for sharing your Halloween/holiday themed gem in the ATSM and Inkspirational galleries! Love this!

    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought I would use these two words together, but that is one adorable bat, Milka!! He looks fabulous in purple against that beautiful moonlit sky!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!! The moon is fantastic and your background is stunning! I love the color and that bat is just so adorable!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... your watercoloring technique looks great! I love the variation of color. The white sentiment really pops against the purple. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely watercolouring effects and the bat is very cute.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool. Love the background effect - it's perfect, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Such an adorable card! Love your purple color! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Milka

    What a great Halloween Card. The background and the moon are made in a fantastic way - love it!

    Thank you very much for joining us at the Cards und More Challenge.

    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a very cute bat! I love the background. How's everything? I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...