Today I made this Have a Monster Birthday Card.
To make this card I was inspired by two beautiful cards from two very talented ladies. First card is from 1001 cartes by Francine Vuillème and you can see her gorgeous card here. The second one is from The Card Grotto by Michelle Short. You can see her card here and here, on Create a Smile blog.
I used super cute and fun 'Monster' digital stamp (freebie) and 'Monster Sentiment' digital stamp (freebie). from Create a Smile. I used these two before this month, and if you like you can see my other card here.
Image is paper pieced.
I printed two 'Monster' images on a white cardstock paper and colored the pieces in watercoloring technique using only one color (Tim Holtz´s Distressed Ink Mustard Seed), water and brush. I colored Monster´s dots with black permanent pen and covered them with thick layer of transparent glossy varnish.
Then I fussy cut all parts, colored edges with black permanent pens and glued two pieces together. I also added googly eyes onto the Monster, to make him even more funny. :-D
Then I printed the sentiment on the white card base. I colored word 'Birthday' and vowels also in watercoloring technique, like images, and created Ombré Effect.
I cut out four small squares (from a black and yellow cardstock paper and vellum paper) and glued them on the card base.
I love dimension on my cards. I added dimensional foam behind the Monster and placed him on the card.
At the end, I embellished card with homemade black faux enamel dots. I learned how to make faux enamel dots from video tutorial by ScrapTips on YouTube. First I made glue dots with a glue gun on a backing paper and colored them with Staedtler permanent black pen. After drying, I glued them on card with Pritt universal glue.
Card dimensions are 95 mm x 140 mm (3 3/4" x 5 1/2").
List of supplies:
- Create a Smile 'Monster' digital stamp (freebie)
- Create a Smile 'Monster Sentiment' digital stamp (freebie)
- white cardstock paper
- small piece of black cardstock paper
- small piece of yellow cardstock paper
- small piece of vellum paper
- Tim Holtz´s Distressed Ink (Mustard Seed)
- Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
- Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen F (fine) 0.6 mm
- Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen M (medium) 1.0 mm
- googly eye Ø 10 mm
- googly eye Ø 8 mm
- Pritt universal glue
- white water based glue
- dimensional double sided adhesive foam
- transparent varnish with extra gloss
- transparent low temperature glue stick
- scoring board
- crafting needle
- Marabu fine paint brush no. 1
- Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature
- baking paper
I am entering my card into following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.
1) Cards und More, Challenge #126 - Benutze Vellum / Use Vellum
2) Create a Smile February projects
My 3rd entry this month.
3) Lawnscaping Challenges, Challenge no. 100 - Birthday Celebration!
My 2nd entry to this challenge.
Happy 100th Challenge!!!