Thursday, February 19, 2015

Yellow Pisces Card

Hi everyone :-D  

A second card I´m sharing today with you is this Yellow Pisces Card



For my card layout I used wonderful sketch from Your Next Stamp, designed by Julie Elak. I rotated it a bit. I like this sketch a lot and I am sure I will use it again. :-D 

Another great sketch to use scraps. I used scraps of 4 different blue cardstock papers I had in my stash for some time and there are more. :-D 
I draw with pencil curvy shapes on cardstock scraps, cut them out and glued them together, creating Ombré Effect (love this!!!). I glued finished panel on white card base.  

Card dimensions are 145 mm x 105 mm (5 6/8" x 4 1/8").

I used a super cute 'Keep Swimming' digital stamp (freebie) from The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS). 
I printed two fish on white cardstock paper, one as it is shared on TAWS and one I rotated. I colored both of them in watercoloring technique using only one color (Tim Holtz´s Distressed Ink Mustard Seed), water and brush, fussy cut them and added some transparent varnish on both, to create glossy accents.
After varnish was completely dry, I added dimensional foam behind fish and placed them on the blue Ombré Effect panel.

At the end I embellished card with blue faux enamel dots I made.
I learned how to make faux enamel dots from video tutorial by ScrapTips on YouTube.
First I made glue dots with glue gun on backing paper and colored them with Marabu glass Dark Ultramarine color after cooling. When color was completely dry (I left them dry 3 hours), I glued them on card with UHU universal glue.

I have a lot of friends and family members who are Pisces and I don´t know who will get this card, yet, so I decided not to put any sentiment on the card. I need to make a lot of cards in next few days for all those important Pisces in my life, so I´ll CASE this card for sure. :-D

List of supplies:
  • The Alley Way Stamps 'Keep Swimming' digital stamp (June 2012 freebie)
  • white cardstock paper 
  • colored cardstock papers (4 shades of blue) 
  • Tim Holtz´s Distressed Ink (Mustard Seed)
  • Marabu glass color (Dark Ultramarine 455) 
  • UHU universal glue
  • dimensional double sided adhesive foam
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss
  • pencil 
  • eraser 
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • Marabu fine paint brush no.1 
  • crafting needle 
  • Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature  
  • transparent low temperature glue stick   
  • baking paper
  • toothpicks  
  • water

I am entering my card into following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.


1) Hiding in My Craft Room, HIMCR #187 - Super Scraps Saturday!
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
I used scraps of blue cardstock papers and white cardstock paper on which I printed images.
http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/

2) The Alley Way Stamps, February TAWS projects
http://thealleywaystamps.blogspot.com/2015/02/february-release-recap-and-link-up-plus.html
http://thealleywaystamps.blogspot.com/

3) Your Next Stamp, Sketch Challenge #7
http://yournextstamp.com/blog/sketch-and-color-challenge-7/
http://yournextstamp.com/blog/category/challenge/


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile :-D


Crafty Milka

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a colourful cheery card! Great take on the sketch as well!
    Thanks for playing along at Your Next Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, this is SO cute! Love the different shades of blue and your enamel dot 'bubbles'! Thanks for playing with us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and graphic - soooo cute!!! The bubbles are wonderful, especially knowing that you made your own. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...