Friday, April 7, 2017

I Love Math Challenge #5



Hello everyone and welcome to a new I Love Math Challenge!

This is the fifth challenge and it's also 1st birthday of the challenge!! :o) If you're new to my blog, you can find all about the challenge here.


Before I continue with a new challenge theme, I have a pleasure to introduce you to 1st I Love Math Challenge Designer CollaboratorNeha Bhatt.

Neha is amazing artist from India, owner of Periwinkle Creations.

Neha and I are in the same Design Team at Jane's Doodles. Her creations are so inspiring. Neha supports this challenge from it's beginning with her amazing creations and ideas. I was overwhelmed when she accepted my invitation to join I Love Math Challenge as a Designer Collaborator.

Please jump over to Neha's blog and give her a warm welcome. :o)


And now to our challenge theme...

This time the theme is picked by NehaVenn Diagram. Love it!!! :o)


Venn Diagram is a diagram representing mathematical or logical sets pictorially as circles or closed curves within an enclosing rectangle (the universal set). Common elements of the sets are being represented by intersection of the circles, as shown above. More definitions and explanations here, here and here.



Here is Neha's take on the challenge.


GORGEOUS!!!! :o) Neha used heart shape die cut and made two-curve diagram. She overlapped yellow and red heart and replaced the intersecting part with orange piece (intersecting part has to have properties of both the shapes i.e. orange has both red and yellow in it). Jump over to Neha's blog and find out more details about her card. :o)



And here is my take on the challenge.


I went with three-circle diagramWith my diagram I showed primary and secondary colors, how to mix primary colors to get secondary colors. :o)

I stamped a sentiment in black on a watercolor paper. I wanted to try no-line watercoloring technique. I stamped three intersecting circles with Distress Ink Antique Linen and watercolored them. I used primary colors for "outside" circles and secondary colors for intersecting parts. I glued the panel on a same size white cardstock panel and after on a white top folded card base. As a finishing touch I coated each color with Clear Wink of Stella. :o)

I didn't want to color middle intersecting part and left it white. I wanted to make something similar to colored lights mixing, which give white light, as shown on picture below. My middle intersecting part should be black, but I didn't like it. Find out more about Color Mixing here.

Card dimensions: 89 mm x 89 mm  (3.5" x 3.5")
List of supplies :
  • Paper Smooches 'Sunny Side Up' stamp set (circle)
  • Your Next Stamp 'Perfect Chemistry' stamp set (sentiment)
  • white cardstock paper
  • white watercolor paper 
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Candied Apple
    • Spiced Marmalade
    • Mustard Seed
    • Twisted Citron
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Wilted Violet
    • Antique Linen
  • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
  • UHU universal glue
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. 3/0
  • Ranger Heat It Tool (for drying)
  • paper towels
  • water



Now it's your turn...

Create any kind of project, whatever you like, but your project must have visible Venn Diagram. Use any kind of shape to create Venn Diagram (for example: circle, square, heart, speech bubble...). Any design is welcome.

More details about the challenge...

Challenge Starts: April 7th 2017, 10:00 PM CEST (UTC +2)

Challenge Ends: May 7th 2017, 09:55 PM CEST (UTC +2)



Challenge rules:
  1. Theme: Venn Diagram
  2. Your project must have visible Venn Diagram.
  3. Your creation must be new. Please do not link creation that has been posted prior to the day of the challenge.
  4. Projects must be handmade!
  5. Any stamp company/artist is welcome.
  6. If you make a card, it doesn't have to be CAS (clean and simple). Any design is welcome.
  7. You must be a blog follower. If you are following me via e-mail, please leave me a comment.
  8. Mention the challenge in your blog post and link back to the challenge.
  9. Display Challenge #5 badge in your blog post.
  10. Link up as many projects as you want.
  11. You are welcome to combine your project to as many challenges as you want.
  12. No blog hop and direct selling links are allowed here.
  13. Link your direct blog post and not your entire blog, so I could locate your creation.
  14. Please turn off word verification.
  15. Have fun!
I reserve the right to remove links that do not comply with challenge rules.

Prize: 
One Jane's Doodles stamp set of winners choice. Neha and I will select four favorite projects (TOP 4), which will be featured here on my blog on May 28th 2017Among TOP 4, there will be a random draw (using Random.org) for one lucky winner who will then receive the prize. :o)
If we have 4 or less entries to the challenge, all projects will be considered as TOP projects.



If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Just leave me a comment on this blog post or send me an e-mail. Neha and I can't wait to see your creations! 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback! Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka


An InLinkz Link-up

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting theme :) beautiful cards ! love the merging of the colors, very cool!
    Thanks for the ideas and inspiration.
    Can't wait to get inky.
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's already time for another Math Challenge! Yay! Love the new theme! :D And love your Math Challenges! Fabulous inspirations from you and Neha!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great ides and execution! Love it! Love the photo prop too..:)!Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fun and a very different kinda challenge... I love math... Looking forward to participate in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful card!
    will try to make in this challenge!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milka...I never know you host the challenge MATH??
    you know since I was in 5th class my fav in the class is Math...
    I always love it and then I went to University and I took Technik Civil Engineer...I learn everyday like Mechanic Technik, Physic...Math A and Math B ...I learn many Math..
    and now I search job as accounting I better work with number :) LOL
    Milka I will try to join and if you need Design Team member...dont forget me the Math lady hehe...I will be so proud work with you sweety
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did it and hope you like my Balloon card Milka
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very different theme. I have tried two cards n participated in ur challenge. As a new blogger could not link ur blog in my post. Will surely try next time. Both the inspirations are fabulous. Love ur cards Neha n Milka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Milka, I tried n could link ur blog link in my post.

      Delete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...