Hi everyone! :o)
Yesterday, a new challenge has started over at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.
Our theme for this fortnight is... well better to say are, #167, Mother + Daughter, Father + Son, Mother + Son, Father + Daughter. Pick any theme or themes you like, create something as a couple (with your parent or kid) or create something using matching image. :o)
This time our lucky winner will win this adorable clear stamp.
I went with Mother + Son or Father + Son theme and made this Welcome Baby Elephant Card.
First I made a background paper. I used various baby themed stamps and heart stamps and stamped them randomly on a white watercolor paper panel with Distress Ink Iced Spruce.
Next up was an image. I used ADORABLE Elephants image from Paper Smooches 'A Little Lovin' stamp set. I stamped the image on a thick watercolor paper and colored elephants with Distress Inks in watercolor technique. After drying, I fussy cut elephants leaving white border around them.
Lastly, I worked on a sentiment. I stamped the sentiment from the set on the panel in black and shaded letters with grey fine liner.
I love dimension on my cards. I glued 2 mm thick foam square on the back of the panel and glued it on a top folded card base. I also glued foams on the back of elephants and glued them on card.
As a finishing touch I highlighted elephants and the sentiment with white gel pen and embellished the card with blue enamel dots.
Card dimensions: 89 mm x 89 mm (3.5" x 3.5")
List of supplies:
List of supplies:
- Paper Smooches 'A Little Lovin' stamp set (elephants, sentiment)
- stamps I used for background:
- Jane's Doodles 'Special Delivery' stamp set (baby bottle)
- Jane's Doodles 'Simon' stamp set (tiny hearts)
- Heyda Themed Rubber Stamps 'Baby' (baby rattle, safety pin)
- white cardstock paper (card base)
- thin white watercolor paper
- Koh-i-noor pop Aquarel Watercolor Paper, 250 gms (image)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Tim Holtz's Distress Inks
- Tumbled Glass
- Broken China
- Iced Spruce
- Hickory Smoke
- Uniball Signo White
- Stabilo Fine Liner, 0.4 mm, Dark Grey 88/96
- Create a Smile 'Snow Dance' enamel dots
- foam sheet and foam sheet scraps 2 mm thick
- double sided strong adhesive tape
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
- Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
- crafting needle
- paper towels
I'm entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.
1) Craft Stamper Magazine, Take It Make It Challenge: April, Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.
2) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, April 2017, Anything Goes
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)