Sunday, August 30, 2015

Little Sailboat Card

Hi everyone :-D 

Today I want to share with you CAS (clean and simple), Little Sailboat Card.


To make this card I CASEd two beautiful cards made by two very talented ladies, both members of Create a Smile Design Team

First card is from You and Your Big Dreams by Kelly Latevola and you can see her gorgeous card here and here, on Create a Smile blog. I made same layout, used banner shape and same image. 

The second one is from Sam's Scrap Candy by Samantha Mann. You can see her card here and here, on Create a Smile blog. I made same layout, used banner shape and embellished card with enamel stickers. 

Thank you Ladies for the inspiration!! :-D 



Details about my card....

I cut out banner shape, stamped sailboat image from Create a Smile 'Underwater Love' stamp set on it, colored image with black marker and colored whole surface with Distress Inks and blending tool. 

Then I stamped another sailboat image on a scrap of white cardstock paper, colored it in watercoloring technique using Distress Inks, water and fine paint brush. After drying, I fussy cut image, colored borders with black marker and glued all pieces over the stamped image on the banner. 

I added 3-D foams behind the banner and glued it on a card base. 

At the end I embellished card with enamel stickers. 

Card dimensions are 107 mm x 139 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").


List of supplies: 


  • Create a Smile 'Underwater Love' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks (Barn Door, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Black Soot) 
  • Stabilo Pen Black 68/46
  • Create a Smile 'Sending Sunshine' Enamel Stickers 
  • white water based glue 
  • 3-D foam self adhesive pads (5 mm x 5 mm x 1 mm)
  • scoring board 
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm) 
  • tweezers 
  • Tim Holtz's blending tool 
  • Marabu fine paintbrush no. #1
  • hairdryer 
  • water 



I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.


1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #159 - Clean and Simple 

2) Cards und More, Challenge #139, Karten für Männer / Cards for Men

3) Create a Smile August projects 
http://createasmilestamps.blogspot.de/


4) Deep Ocean Challenge Blog, Challenge #111 - For the Boys

5) Hiding in My Craft Room, HIMCR #214 - Freestyle!
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 

6) Little Miss Muffet Challenges, Challenge #119 - One for the Boys 

7) Shopping Our Stash, SOS #216 - Splish Splash (use a wet medium)
I used water and distress inks for watercoloring. 

8) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D 


Crafty Milka

5 comments:

  1. hello Milka! super cute card, such a sweet design, luv the enamel dots! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, what a fabulous CAS card, it's really wonderful!! thanks for joining us at SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! Great background blending and colouring! Thank you for joining us at ATSM !
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN! Great CAS card and the enamel dots are a nice touch. Thanks for joining the "for the boys" challenge this week at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this card is AMAZING!!!! looooooove that sailboat SO much!!! and the enamel dots just ROCK with those pops of color!!! thanks SOOOOOOO much for CASing my card!! i just LOVE this so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...