Saturday, June 9, 2018

Hoppy Birthday Card Set (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)

On Wednesday, May 6th, was my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I shared this Hoppy Birthday Card Set:o)


To make this card set, I used stamps from two AMAZING Jane's Doodles stamp sets'Garden Friends' (stamp set is discounted and is half priceand 'Geometric Patterns' (stamp set is discontinued from Jane's store). I also used two tiny circle stamps from another artist (see detailed supply list below).



I colored frogs and bubbles during the 9th 30 Day Coloring Challenge (January 15th - February 15th 2018) by Kathy Racoosin of The Daily Marker. I shared progress of coloring on my Instagram account as well as in my preview post (here).

I finished cards after the coloring challenge ended (mid February), but didn't share finished cards until now. I knew the time will come I won't have any free time to create anything and it would be good to keep project or two in "a drawer". :o)



How I made my cards...

My first idea was to make only one card, but my first attempt didn't go well. :o)

I stamped a frog on a Kraft cardstock paper panel and colored it with colored pencils and white gel pen. I shaded the frog with Stabilo Fine Liners.


Next day I continued with stamping and coloring, but somehow managed to smear the frog and ruin everything. I started all over. Just in case, I stamped and colored the frog on three Kraft panels. :o)


Next up were bubbles. I love bubbles!!! :o) I stamped various size circles all over the panel, colored circles, added white highlights and traced the circles.


First panel survived. :o) I continued with other two. I stamped a sentiment 'Hoppy Birthday' in the center of each panel, stamped various sized circles here and there, colored circles, added some shades with fine liners, added white highlights and traced bubbles. :o)

I left my colored panels aside for a while. I focused on coloring during the challenge, not on finishing cards/projects. I still have some colored images from the challenge that are waiting to be placed on some project. :o)

After Kathy's challenge ended, I finished my cards.

I trimmed panels to a desirable size, glued them on white top folded card bases, fixed some white lines with white gel pen and my (not planed) card set was finished. :o)


Card dimensions: 89 mm x 120 mm (3.5" x 4.75")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Garden Friends' stamp set (frog and sentiment)
  • Jane's Doodles 'Geometric Patterns' stamp set (large circle; set is discontinued from Jane's Doodles store)
  • Create a Smile 'Eggstraordinary Egghunt' stamp set (mid circle)
  • Create a Smile 'Perfect Tune' stamp set (small circle)
  • Crafter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card
  • white cardstock paper (card base)
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • TOZ Artist Color colored pencils
    • light green
    • dark green
  • Stabilo Fine Liners, fine 0.4:
    • light green 88*43
    • dark green 88/36
  • Mittsubishi Pencil, Black Fine Liner 01 (for fixing black lines)
  • Uniball Signo White 
  • double sided adhesive tape
  • foam sheet, 2 mm thick
  • eraser
  • pencil sharpener
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • scissors
  • bone folder
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • paper stump no. #4

"Frogs are symbols of prosperity, wealth, friendship, and abundance in many cultures. In other cultures they symbolize fertility. In the Native American culture of the Southwestern United States, the frog carries a piece of wood in its mouth because the Mojave people believe frogs brought fire to humans. For the ancient Romans, the frog was believed to bring good luck to one's home. Native Aborigines of Australia believe that frogs brought the thunder and rain. Frogs are said to be effective in speeding up recovery from disease. Among the ancient Egyptians and Greeks, frogs symbolized inspiration and fertility. In ancient Egypt, Hekt, the frog goddess, protected newborn babies, hence frogs were symbols of fertility and birth. The frog is also said to attract true friends and to help find long-lasting love."



At the end of this post...


Jane is offering 20% off this weekend. No code needed. The discount is calculated at the checkout. For more information, jump over to Jane's Doodles Blog.

10th 30 Day Coloring Challenge by Kathy Racoosin of The Daily Marker started on June 1st. I didn't have time to join until now. I have some cute images here on my desk smiling and waiting to be colored. :o)



Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

6 comments:

  1. It's a fabulous set, Milka! Such amazing combo of kraft and fun green frogs!!! Love the white gel little details! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coloring on the Kraft looks splendid! It looks the frog is ready to hop out of the card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joj, kako lušne žabice. Zelo so mi všeč!

    ReplyDelete
  4. preslatke su čestitke sa žabicama!
    Lp

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...