Wednesday, June 24, 2020

You are the Coolest Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this CAS (clean and simple), You are the Coolest Card. :o)


To make this card, I was inspired with my own card that I made last summer (here). I used same products, went with similar design and used same color scheme, but went with different layout, used different sentiment and added highlights with a white pigment ink pen. 

I used stamps from a beautiful Jane's Doodles 'Cool' stamp set


How I made my card...

I stamped the sundae on a watercolor paper and colored it in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the image and traced edges with a black marker.

As the watercolor paper I use is thin and I needed a thicker image, I stamped another sundae on a white cardstock paper scrap, colored it with a grey marker and fussy cut the sundae, this time leaving thin white border around it. I glued the watercolored sundae over it and the image was ready.

Next up was a card base. I glued a rainbow patterned paper stripe on a white side folded card base. I stamped the sentiment on a white cardsotck paper panel. I cut two more white cardstock paper panels, slightly smaller than the panel with the stamped sentiment, glued them together and then glued them on the back of the panel. I stacked panels to add dimension to my card without using a 3-D foam.

I glued one more white cardstock paper panel inside the card to make it sturdier.

Lastly, I glued some 3-D foam squares on the sundae and placed it on a card. As a finishing touch, I drew white highlights on the image and my card was finished. I love how it turned out!! :o)


Card measurements: 127 mm x 95 mm (5" x 3 3/4")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Cool' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • Lawn Fawn 'Really Rainbow' petite paper pack
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Festive Berries
    • Twisted Citron
    • Cracked Pistachio
    • Salty Ocean
    • Tea Dye
    • Walnut Stain
    • Ground Espresso
  • Stabilo Fiber Tip Pens (Markers):
    • light grey 68/94
    • black 68/46
    • Uniball Signo White Pigment Ink pen
    • UHU liquid glue
    • 3-D foam squares, 5 x 5 x 2 mm
    • rounded acrylic block
    • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
    • bone folder
    • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. 3/0
    • scissors
    • water
    • paper towels



    I'm linking my card to following challenges:
    Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

    1) Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge, Week 25 - Anything Goes
    This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


    2) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes
    This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

    3) The Cat's Pajamas, TCP Tuesday Challenge #369 - Patterned Paper


    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)



    Milka

    4 comments:

    1. Fabulous CAS card design and colors.Love it...Thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE,hope to see you again
      Željka DT xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Milka! Your card is delightful, and that cup of icecream looks so yummy!
      Hope all is well for you despite the bad times we leave in all the world
      Hugs

      ReplyDelete
    3. As always fabulous CAS card, Milka. Hope you are ok and don´t be affetected with all these Corona things.

      Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

      ReplyDelete

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...