Friday, July 3, 2015

Beluga Whale Birthday Card (Fairy Tale Challenge #121)

Happy Friday everyone :-D 

It´s time for a new challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.



The theme for this fortnight is #121, Unter dem Meer / Under the Sea


Our sponsor for this challenge is Görlach GmbH, with a fabulous prize for one lucky winnerset of sparkling gem stones made of glass. 
http://www.goerlach-gmbh.com/en


For this challenge I made this CAS (clean and simple), Beluga Whale Birthday Card


First I made a panel. I colored white paper (160 grams) with Stormy Sky Distressed Ink, using blending tool. Then I sprayed whole panel with water and splattered it with water, using paintbrush. After drying on the air, I splattered the panel with white tempera color mixed with water, using paintbrush. 

After the panel was completely dry, I stamped sentiment on the panel and glued panel on the white cardstock card base. 

I stamped a whale on a scrap of cardstock paper. Then I mixed Black Soot Distressed Ink with a lot of water. I continued adding water until I got light grey color. When I was satisfied with color, I shaded the whole image, using fine paintbrush. After drying, I fussy cut the image, colored edges with black permanent marker, glued 3-D foams on it and placed it on the card. 

Both, image and sentiment are from Jane's Doodles 'Under the Sea' stamp set .

Card dimensions are 95 mm x 133 mm (3 3/4" x 5 1/4").

List of supplies: 
  • Jane's Doodles 'Under the Sea' stamp set 
  • white cardstock paper
  • white paper (160 grams) 
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks (Stormy Sky, Black Soot) 
  • Koh-i-noor Tempera Color (Titanium White)
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen M (medium) 1.0 mm 
  • UHU universal glue
  • 3-D foam self adhesive pads 
  • scoring board 
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm) 
  • polymer stamp handle (38 mm x 35 mm) 
  • tweezers 
  • Tim Holtz's blending tool 
  • Marabu fine paintbrush no. #1
  • sprayer bottle 
  • water 


Stop by the Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and see gorgeous projects my Design Team Mates and our Guest Designers made for this challenge. Do join us in this challenge, we can´t wait to see your projects.


I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to CAS, Challenge #66: Splash 

2) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #151: Anything Goes 

3) bastel-traum, Challenge #30: Geburtstag / Birthday 

4) CASology, Week 153: Pop 

5) Crafting by Designs, Monthly Challenge: July Anything Goes Challenge
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.com/

6) Crafting for all Seasons, Challenge #105: Cute and Summery 

7) Craft Your Passion Challenges, Challenge #268: Always Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.in/

8) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD Challenge from June 30th to July 6th, Anything Goes


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D 


Crafty Milka

7 comments:

  1. Great card with a lovely whale.
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background so much. Thanks so much for linking up at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background and I love your CAS design! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS and ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning ocean you've created for your darling whale! Precious! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background is so amazing Milka, very genius artwork! Such adorable whale...beautiful creation! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door recently and I hope to see you again in our new challenge. Have nice time creating Milka :)
    Fondly,
    Asmah
    TTCRD DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...