Saturday, July 25, 2015

Garden Gnome Card

Hi everyone :-D

Today I want to share a card I made this week. 
A colleague from work asked me if I can make a card for her mother's birthday. She loves and collects garden gnomes, so a card with a gnome was a perfect choice. Both, my colleague and her mother, loved it! :-D

Here it is, a Garden Gnome Card.


Making this card, I was inspired with stunning work by Alice Wertz of Alice's Little Wonderland

Alice is very talented and creative lady. I like her style a lot! I love her CAS designs, layouts, coloring, usage of scraps, design papers, Washi tapes and embellishments! Couple of weeks ago I contacted her and asked if I can CASE her cards. She accepted my request immediately, so there will be some CASE-ing of her work in the future. Thank you Alice!! :-D 

Stop by Alice's blog, Alice's Little Wonderland, and see her AMAZING work! Candies for eyes and heart! :-D 

Details about my card...

First I stamped cute gnome from Paper Smooches 'Forest Whimsy' stamp set on a white cardstock paper, colored him with colored pencils and blended colors using paper stumps and baby oil. After drying, I fussy cut him and colored edges with black pen. I added dimensional foam behind gnome and placed him on a white cardstock panel. 

I glued a stripe of designer paper on a white card base, added dimensional foams behind the white panel and glued it also on the card base. At the end I decorated card with Washi tapes and Enamel Stickers, all from Create a Smile.

Card dimensions are 107 mm x 139 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").

List of supplies:
   
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black) 
  • colored pencils (skin color, ping, yellow, orange, red, dark blue, brown, light grey) 
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen M (medium) 1.0 mm
  • UHU universal glue
  • dimensional double sided adhesive foam  
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm) 
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • scissors
  • tweezers 
  • paper stump no. #1
  • paper stump no. #2
  • paper stump no. #3 
  • paper stump no. #4
  • Johnson's Baby Oil with Aloe Vera



I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is direct link to blog or challenge home page. 

1) Create a Smile July projects 
This is my 2nd entry to this month. I used paper, Washi tapes and Enamel stickers. 
http://createasmilestamps.blogspot.de/

2) Paper Smooches SPARKS, July 19-25 Anything Goes (wk3) challenge
http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.com/


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

3 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful and sweet, i love it.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is CAS and adorable, Milka! Great CASEing and awesome use of Washi tape!! This reminds me of the gnome card you sent me this year!! I hope you are doing well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww... this is so cute! love your use of washi and the colors! such a happy card! thanks so much for the shoutout, Milka! I am so happy to be able to inspire you and love what you have made!! You are amazing and thanks so much for making my day! =)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...