Sunday, July 19, 2015

Narwhal Whales Birthday Card

Hi everyone :-D 

Today I want to share with you CAS (clean and simple), Narwhal Whales Birthday Card



First I made a panel. I used stencil from Create a Smile 'Sending Sunshine' kit. I colored white cardstock paper with Stormy Sky Distressed Ink, using blending tool. Then I sprayed whole panel with water and splattered it with water, using paintbrush. After drying, I splattered the panel with white tempera color mixed with water, using paintbrush. Then I removed stencil and cut out the size I wanted. I glued 3-D foams behind blue panel and glued it on a white card base. 

I stamped a sentiment on the card base. This sentiment is from Jane's Doodles 'Under the Sea' stamp set

I stamped narwhals from Create a Smile 'Underwater Love' stamp set on a scrap of cardstock paper. Then I mixed Black Soot Distressed Ink with water. I continued adding water until I got grey color and colored narwhals with it. After drying, I fussy cut the image, colored edges with black permanent marker, glued 3-D foams on it and placed it on the card. 

At the end I added a bit of gloss resin on narwhal's tusks and added few dots of resin on blue panel, to create glossy accents 

Card dimensions are 107 mm x 139 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").

List of supplies: 


  • Create a Smile 'Underwater Love' stamp set
  • stencil form Create a Smile 'Sending Sunshine' kit
  • Jane's Doodles 'Under the Sea' stamp set 
  • white cardstock paper
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks (Stormy Sky, Black Soot) 
  • Koh-i-noor Tempera Color (Titanium White)
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen F (fine) 0.6 mm 
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm 
  • UHU universal glue
  • 3-D foam self adhesive pads (5 mm x 5 mm x 1 mm)
  • 3-D foam self adhesive pads (3 mm x 3 mm x 2 mm) 
  • gloss resin super-clear 
  • scoring board 
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm) 
  • polymer stamp handle (38 mm x 35 mm) 
  • tweezers 
  • crafting needle
  • Tim Holtz's blending tool 
  • Marabu fine paintbrush no. #1
  • sprayer bottle 
  • hairdryer 
  • water 
  • Marabu adhesive spray 

Create a Smile, a German stamp company turned 1 on July 11th. Christine Drogt, owner and illustrator, and her design team celebrate it with a Birthday Challenge. I'm joining to this challenge with my card. 


I am also entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.


http://createasmilestamps.blogspot.de/

2) bastel-traum, Challenge #31: Sommer / Summer  


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D 


Crafty Milka

3 comments:

  1. Milka this is adorable! Love that background stencil for those cute narwhals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what for a great card you made... stuning... THANKS so much for sharing your card by bastel-traum... Hugs Ute

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute, Milka and i like the CAS look. I hope you are fine ? Otherwise, I've always seen you on FTHS. It is worth stopping on Saturday, there are some News. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...