Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Under the Sea Birthday Card (Crafty Creations Challenges #293)

Hi everyone :-D 

It´s time for a new challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges.
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/

Our theme for this fortnight is #293 - Now that's Cool! A card that moves or doesn't open in the typical manner.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Jaime from our DT (Jaime's CTMH).


For this challenge I made this interactive, wobbler, Under the Sea Birthday Card.


For this card I used lovely Jane's Doodles 'Under the Sea' stamp set .

First I created a scene on a white panel, stamping and masking. I used post it papers for masking. When I was done with stamping, I didn't remove masking papers. I distressed whole surface with Stormy Sky Distressed Ink, using blending tool. Then I sprayed whole panel with water and splattered it with water, using paintbrush. After drying on the air, I splattered the panel with white tempera color mixed with water, using paintbrush.  

After the panel was completely dry, I removed masking papers (post it), colored images with colored pencils and blended colors with baby oil using paper stumps. I covered shells, starfish and bubbles with gloss resin to create glossy accents. After drying, I glued 3-D foams behind the panel and glued it on the card base. 

I stamped a crab on a scrap of cardstock paper, colored him with red colored pencil, blended color with baby oil using paper stump and left him dry. Then I fussy cut him, colored edges with black permanent marker, glued wobbler on him and placed him on a card. I used photo tutorial Wackel-Karte/Wiggling Card from Stempeleinmaleins to make this fun mechanism, wobbler. 

I stamped sentiment on a piece of vellum paper, drew callout shape around the sentiment, cut it out, erased pencil marks and glued it on a card. 

Here is a short video of my wobbler card. Sorry for the poor quality of the video. 

Card dimensions are 107 mm x 139 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").

List of supplies: 

  • Jane's Doodles 'Under the Sea' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • white paper (160 grams) 
  • vellum paper
  • post it papers
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black) 
  • Tim Holtz's Distressed Ink (Stormy Sky) 
  • Koh-i-noor Tempera Color (Titanium White) 
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen M (medium) 1.0 mm
  • colored pencils (yellow, two oranges, red, light blue, green, olive green, brown, light and dark grey) 
  • Koh-i-noor Hardtmuth Mondeluz aquarell colored pencil (Light Blue 18)
  • pencil 
  • eraser
  • UHU universal glue
  • 3-D foam self adhesive pads
  • gloss resin super-clear 
  • transparent low temperature glue stick 
  • scoring board
  • trimmer
  • scissors
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • polymer stamp handle (38 mm x 35 mm) 
  • tweezers
  • Tim Holtz's blending tool 
  • Marabu fine paintbrush no. #1
  • paper blending stump no. #1
  • paper blending stump no. #2
  • paper blending stump no. #3
  • crafting needle 
  • sprayer bottle
  • Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature
  • round nose pliers 
  • wire 2 mm 
  • Johnson's baby oil with Aloe Vera
  • water 

Stop by the Crafty Creations Challenges to see beautiful dotty creations from my Design Team Mates and join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :-D


I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Crafting by Designs, Monthly Challenge: July Anything Goes Challenge
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.com/

2) Craft Stamper Magazine, Take It Make It Challene: July (Take a Stamp! Anything Goes)

3) Stempelgarten Challenge, Challenge #39 - Happy Birthday

4) Virginia's View Challenge, #16 100% Stamped


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

10 comments:

  1. This is so cool, and fun!
    Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute scene Milka!!!! Love the crab!!! <3
    Thanks so much for joining our SG-Challenge!
    Big hugs!
    Francine ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny belated birthday card.. I just love these funny summer creatures. Thanks for joining us at Stempelgarten challenge!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Stempelgarten Challenge.
    x Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card, i love it.
    I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog as well.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! I love it!! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. BRAVO, Milka!! Love love your under the sea scene so much! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “100% Stamped” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so cute! Amazing choise of colours, too! Thank you for sharing!
    And thanks for playing with us at Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge. Hoping to see you with us again in August! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...