Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Easter Bunny Card II (Kitty Bee Designs Spotlight)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone! :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Kitty Bee Designs and I made this CAS (clean and simple), Easter Bunny Card II.


For my card I used an ADORABLE 'Easter Egg Bunny' digital stamp. This is the 3rd card I made using this bunny. Find previous two here and here. :o)

I printed bunch of bunnies on a thin white watercolored paper last month to have them by hand, because I knew I want to make bunch of cards using this cutie. :o)

I colored the bunny in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I added some extra shades with colored pencils, fussy cut the bunny and traced edges with black marker.

Here is a photo where you can see the difference between colored edges on the image (on the right) and uncolored edges (on the left). Huge, right!?! :o)



I glued the bunny on a 2 mm thick foam sheet and fussy cut it again.

Then I stamped a sentiment from Jane's Doodles 'Funny Bunny' stamp set on a white top folded card base.

Using MS scalloped paper puncher, I punched two white cardstock paper stripes, glued 1 mm thick foam tape on both and glued them on top and bottom of the card.

Lastly, I glued the bunny on the card, traced the sentiment and coated the egg and some parts of the bunny with Clear Wink of Stella, and my card was finished. :o)


Dimensions: 127 mm x 89 m(5" x 3.5")

List of supplies:
  • Kitty Bee Designs 'Easter Egg Bunny'
  • Jane's Doodles 'Funny Bunny' stamp set (sentiment)
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Fossilized Amber
    • Hickory Smoke
  • TOZ Artist Color colored pencil (dark yellow)
  • TOZ Fantasy colored pencil (light grey)
  • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
  • Stabilo Fiber Tip Pen (Marker) 68/46, Black
  • foam tape, 1 mm thick
  • foam sheet scraps, 2 mm thick
  • printer
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Martha Stewart scalloped paper puncher
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
  • scissors
  • paper towels 
  • water

I hope you liked my KBD spotlight card for this month and got inspired. Check out more cute images at the Kitty Bee Designs Etsy StoreKitty Bee Designs Blog and Kitty Bee Designs FB. :o)




I'm entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) As You Like It Challenge, Favorite Coloring Medium (& why)
My favorite coloring medium are Distress Ink Pads. Their usage is versatile and that's what I most like about them. Color blending, coloring directly with cubes, reactions with water (MAGIC!!!) and my favorite: watercoloring. :o)
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.

2) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) The Daily Marker, 7th 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 14th entry to this challenge.
colored: DAYS 16, 17


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

4 comments:

  1. Awwww.... Love, love, love this sweet card!! :) Such a cute little bunny-girl with her egg, and fabulous design too!!! The borders look amazing and made the card even more sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! Such a fun design! Love the border strips and cute image!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable card Milka. The bunny is so cute and I love how you coloured it. Thanks for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...