Happy Friday! :o)
My second post today... If you missed the first one, just scroll down or follow a direct link here.
Today I'm sharing a mid-inspiration project for an ongoing Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs.
The challenge for this fortnight is #90 - Living Things with Wings. Birds, penguins, butterflies, bees and other flying insects, fairies, people dressed in costumes with wings...
We have two sponsors for this challenge: Bugaboo Stamps and Ppinkydolls, so there will be double prizes! :o)
And here is my take on the challenge: CAS (clean and simple), Chubby Penguin Card. :o)
This is my first Winter/Christmas themed card I created this year. To make my card I used a super cute Kitty Bee Designs 'Hello There Penguin' digital image and sentiment from Uniko 'Most Wonderful' clear stamp set.
I went with same design, layout and color scheme (CASE?) as on a card I created last year, Happy Birthday Panda Card.
I printed the penguin on a watercolor paper and left him dry through the night to prevent ink smearing. I colored the penguin in watercolor technique, using Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the penguin, leaving thin border around him.
I stamped a sentiment on a top folded white card base, glued 3-D foams on the back of the penguin and placed him on a card. As a finishing touch, I embellished the card with blue enamel stars and coated penguin's beak and legs with Clear Wink of Stella.
Dimensions: 102 mm x 134 mm (4" x 5 1/4")
List of supplies:
- Kitty Bee Designs 'Hello There Penguin' digital image
- Uniko 'Most Wonderful' clear stamp set
- white cardstock paper (card base)
- Koh-i-noor pop Aquarell Watercolor Paper, 250 gms
- Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
- Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
- Mustard Seed
- Fossilized Amber
- Hickory Smoke
- Black Soot
- ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. Clear 999)
- Create a Smile 'Frosty Fun' enamel stickers (dark blue stars)
- foam sheet scraps, 2 mm thick
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
- Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
- crafting needle
- paper towels
I hope you liked my project for today and got inspired. For more inspiration, stop by the Kitty Bee Designs blog and check out lovely projects my Design Team mates created. And don't forget to join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :o)
Would you like to join our design team? We have an open DT call. Find all information over at Kitty Bee Designs blog. :o)
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.
1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #233 - Holiday
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.
2) Happy Little Stampers, Christmas Challenge, March 2017, Anything Goes, Optional Twist: Star
3) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, March 2017, Anything Goes
4) The Daily Marker, 7th 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 9th entry to this challenge.
colored: DAY 14
At the end of this post...
If you missed it yesterday, I have a birthday giveaway for my followers. The giveaway will be open for two weeks. Find it here. :o)
That would be all from me for today. Thank you for visiting and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)