Hi everyone! :o)
Today I want to share with you this CAS (clean and simple), watercolor Confirmation Girl Card.
My mom asked me to make her a card to give to my ex neighbors' daughter, who's Confirmation is today.
I used a GORGEOUS A Day For Daisies 'Tender Thoughts' digital image. Lovely girl, flowers and butterflies... So serene. :o)
I made a layout on my computer and printed the image on a watercolor paper panel. I left the image dry to prevent ink smearing while coloring. (I have no idea how many days was this image on my table before I started coloring it. Usually, I leave printed images dry through the night, so at least 8 hours.)
I colored the image in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I shaded flowers, girl's dress and band with dark blue colored pencil and her hair with dark brown colored pencil.
When I was satisfied with shading, I trimmed the panel and glued it a white top folded card base. To add a bit more interest to this CAS card, I coated flowers and butterflies with Clear Wink of Stella and the card was finished. (I don't have shimmery photo to share with you. I couldn't 'catch the shimmer with my camera' when I finished the card.
Cards measurements: 96 mm x 127 mm (3 3/4" x 5")
List of supplies:
- A Day For Daisies 'Tender Thoughts'
- white cardstock paper (card base)
- Koh-i-noor pop Aquarel Watercolor Paper, 250 gms (panel)
- Tim Holtz's Distress Inks:
- Tea Dye
- Vintage Photo
- Walnut Stain
- Blueprint Sketch
- Hickory Smoke
- Koh-i-noor Hardtmuth Mondeluz aquarel colored pencils 3710
- light green 25
- dark green 26
- TOZ Artist Color Colored Pencils:
- dark blue
- dark brown
- TOZ Fantasy Colored Pencil, light grey
- ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
- UHU universal glue
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
- Ranger Heat It Tool (for drying)
- paper towels
I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.
1) CASology, Week 252: Insect
2) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, June 2017, Anything Goes
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)