Saturday, June 10, 2017

Confirmation Girl Card

Hi everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you this CAS (clean and simple), watercolor Confirmation Girl Card.


My mom asked me to make her a card to give to my ex neighbors' daughter, who's Confirmation is today.

I used a GORGEOUS A Day For Daisies 'Tender Thoughts' digital image. Lovely girl, flowers and butterflies... So serene. :o)

I made a layout on my computer and printed the image on a watercolor paper panel. I left the image dry to prevent ink smearing while coloring. (I have no idea how many days was this image on my table before I started coloring it. Usually, I leave printed images dry through the night, so at least 8 hours.)

I colored the image in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I shaded flowers, girl's dress and band with dark blue colored pencil and her hair with dark brown colored pencil.

When I was satisfied with shading, I trimmed the panel and glued it a white top folded card base. To add a bit more interest to this CAS card, I coated flowers and butterflies with Clear Wink of Stella and the card was finished. (I don't have shimmery photo to share with you. I couldn't 'catch the shimmer with my camera' when I finished the card. 

Cards measurements: 96 mm x 127 mm (3 3/4" x 5")

List of supplies:
  • A Day For Daisies 'Tender Thoughts'
  • white cardstock paper (card base)
  • Koh-i-noor pop Aquarel Watercolor Paper, 250 gms (panel)
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks:
    • Tea Dye
    • Vintage Photo
    • Walnut Stain
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Hickory Smoke
  • Koh-i-noor Hardtmuth Mondeluz aquarel colored pencils 3710
    • light green 25
    • dark green 26
  • TOZ Artist Color Colored Pencils:
    • dark blue
    • dark brown
  • TOZ Fantasy Colored Pencil, light grey
  • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
  • UHU universal glue
  • printer
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Tool (for drying)
  • paper towels
  • water

I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) CASology, Week 252: Insect
Butterflies. :o)

2) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, June 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

4 comments:

  1. vau, prelepa je in tako nežna, čisto navdušena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Čudovita je. Preprosta a z veliko nežnosti.
    Lp Lili

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful colouring. I love how you offset the image and let it speak for itself with the CAS feel, really really good. Thank you for sharing with us at HLS! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...