Monday, June 19, 2017

Motivation Magnet (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this Motivation Magnet.


I made this magnet for my friend and school colleague, as a gift for the school year end.

I love a magnet I created a couple months ago (find it here) and decided to CASE it. I went with same design, layout and created a sky scene around the sentiment/quote. As a central part of my magnets, I hand lettered the quotation of Croatian writer Ivana Brlić Mažuranić on the original, while on today's magnet, I used a beautiful Jane's Doodles big bold sentiment from 'You Got This' stamp set.


How I made the magnet...

I cut a 3" x 3" base from a Canson XL Mixed Media Paper.

I stamped the sentiment from Jane's Doodles 'You Got This' stamp set on the base and after couple minutes of ink drying, Sun and clouds from adorable Jane's Doodles 'Home Sweet Home' stamp set.

My favorite coloring technique is watercoloring. Like on my CASEd magnet, I step out of my comfort zone and loosely watercolored the sky scene. I struggled because I like everything colored neat, but less than a first time. LOL

I cut a magnet square with adhesive on one side, nearly same size as colored base and glued them together.

Lastly, I pressed the magnet with a 32 cm x 32 cm, 1 cm thick glass plate and left it pressed for an hour. When I glue together two different surfaces, like in this case, paper and magnet, I always press my projects.

Dimensions: 77 mm x 77 mm (3" x 3")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'You Got This' stamp set
  • Jane's Doodles 'Home Sweet Home' stamp set
  • Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, 300 g
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
    • Mustard Seed
    • Spiced Marmalade
    • Tumbled Glass
    • Blueprint Sketch
  • magnet sheet, self adhesive
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Tool (for drying)
  • large scissors
  • 32 cm x 32 cm x 1 cm glass plate
  • water
  • paper towels

I'm linking my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #246 - Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

2) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, June 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

2 comments:

  1. You are the Magnet's Queen, Milka! :D Fabulous loosely watercolouring and your scene is so sweet! LOVE the sentiment, too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milka, this card makes me smile! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...