Hi everyone! :o)
It's Little Miss Muffet Stamps Inspiration Week and I made this CAS (clean and simple), one layer, Dream Dangle Card. :o)
I made this card for my niece Vanesa, my cousins daughter, who will celebrate her 16th birthday in couple days. I love that cutie so much. ♥
For this card I used beautiful LMM's Forgotten Scraps 'Dream Dangle' digital stamp. I love the simplicity of this image. It can be used as a frame or as individual image on a card. There are more Dangle images inspired by the Zentangle drawing method in LMMS shop and you can find them all here.
I made a layout on my computer and printed it out directly on a card base, for which I used Canson XL Mixed Media 300 g Paper. I went with same design and mirror rotated layout as on a card I made in November 2016, where I used another Dangle image. You can find it here.
To prevent ink smearing, I left image drying through the night. I watercolored the image with Distress Inks. First I watercolored background and shades with Hickory Smoke and then Dangle with Mermaid Lagoon. I love watercoloring with Distress Inks! So many tones can be achieved with only one color. :o)
After drying, I added extra shades with colored pencils and white highlights here and there with white gel pen. As a finishing touch, I coated colored parts of the Dangle with clear Wink of Stella and my card was finished. :o)
Card dimensions: 95 mm x 133 mm (3 3/4" x 5 1/4")
List of supplies:
- LMM's Forgotten Scraps 'Dream Dangle' digital stamp
- Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, 300 g
- Tim Holtz's Distress Inks
- Mermaid Lagoon
- Hickory Smoke
- TOZ Artist Colored Pencil (light blue)
- Stabilo colored pencil (dark grey 979/726)
- Uniball Signo White
- ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. 3/0
- Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
- Marabu fine flat paint brush no. #6
- Ranger Heat It Craft Tool (for drying)
- acrylic block
- paper towels
I hope you liked my card for today and got inspired. For more inspiration, stop by the LMMS Challenge Blog. There's still time to join us in our current Challenge #156 - Anything Goes. There is a prize for one lucky winner: $10.00 Gift Voucher to the LMMS shop. We like to select couple other projects to highlight as well. :o)
I'm entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.
1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #229 - Clean and Simple
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.
2) Happy Little Stampers, CAS Challenge, February 2017, Blue
Thank you for visiting and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)