Wednesday, February 14, 2018

You Make My Life Magical Card (Fairy Tale Challenge #187)


Hello everyone! :o)


Yesterday a new challenge started over at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.

Our theme for this fortnight is #187, benutze Mini-Stempel / use mini stampsTiny stamps... Love them!! :o) 


And here is my take on the challenge: You Make My Life Magical Card.


I made this card for my sweetheart. ♥ I prefer making non traditional Valentine's Day Cards for him. :o)


How I made the card...

I used stamps from My Favorite Things 'BB Magical Dragons' stamp set.

I stamped an adorable small dragon on a watercolor paper and colored him in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the dragon, colored the edges with a black marker, softened dragon with a stylus ball and glued him over another dragon I stamped on a white cardstock paper. I fussy cut the dragon again, this time leaving a thin white border around him.


And then the dragon waited for 28 days to be placed on a card. I tried this and that, but nothing was "right".

Yesterday, I finally decided and finished the card.

I heat embossed in white a sentiment on a black cardstock paper, cut out a banner, glued some 3-D foam on it and glued the sentiment on a white top folded card base. I glued 3-D foam on the dragon and placed him to sit on the banner.

As a finishing touch, I embellished the card with two enamel dots. :o)


Card dimensions: 89 mm x 121 mm (3 1/2" x 4 3/4")

List of supplies:
  • My Favorite Things 'BB Magical Dragons' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • black cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks.
    • Salty Ocean
    • Hickory Smoke
  • Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Markers), Black 68/46
  • UHU universal glue
  • foam sheet scraps, 1 mm thick
  • 3-D foam squares, 2 mm thick
  • Create a Smile enamel stickers ('Beach Party', 'Snow Dance')
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • bone folder
  • scissors
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no.#0
  • stylus ball
  • soft working mat
  • crafting needle
  • water
  • paper towels
  • powder bag

And that's my card for our Use Mini Stamps challenge. I hope you'll like my card and get inspired. For more inspiration, challenge and prize details stop by the Fairy Tale Challenge Blog. Do join us, we can't wait to see your projects. :o)



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) CASology, Week 287: Together
Non traditional Valentine's Day card I made for my boyfriend.
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Craft Stamper Magazine, Take It Make It Challenge, February 2018: Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Pile It On Challenge, #139 - 3-D Embellishments
My 3-D embellishments: enamel dots.
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

13 comments:

  1. Cute and magical. Love the B&W with touch of blue. So happy you could join in the fun at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this little guy! ..... love him. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Love the touch of blue. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week, Milka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! What a sweet little dragon!!! :) I just love the white on white with the perfect little touch of color! CAS perfection, Milka!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card! Love the tiny little dragon with little pops of blue! Perfectly CAS! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very adorable. Love your compact focal point. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this thanks so much for joining us over at Craft Stamper this month Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joj, kako prikupna voščilnica. Hvala, ker se igraš z nami tudi na Pile it on. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a darling CAS card - love it!! Thanks so very much for joining us this month at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, this is sweet card!!! Love a CAS design you used!!! Have a FAB Sunday!
    Hugs Jenna ♥
    Jenna's Design

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...