Friday, July 6, 2018

Aloha Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Happy Friday! :o)

Yesterday was my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this Aloha Card:o)  I had some Internet connection issues and could not post this yesterday.


To make this card I used stamps from a GORGEOUS Jane's Doodles 'Hibiscus' stamp set.



How I made my card...

With some masking, I stamped gorgeous hibiscus flowers on a white watercolor paper. I made masks when I received the set and stored them for my future projects. So handy. :o)

I colored gaps among flowers with black marker. Then I watercolored hibiscus flowers in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. At the end I smeared one flower. Awful!!!

My first idea was to recreate a card I created for our latest blog hop (here), but with smearing that was impossible. I didn't want to throw away everything, so I tried something different. I fussy cut hibiscus flowers and cut away smeared portion. Using kraft knife, I cut out gaps between flowers (I previously colored them in black).

After fussy cutting, I traced edges with a black marker, glued some foam on the back of the hibiscus flower cluster and glued it on a white square card base, on which I previously stamped a sentiment. I glued a white cardstock panel inside the card to make it a bit sturdier.

As a finishing touch I drew white highlights and dots on flowers with a white pigment ink. :o)


Card dimensions: 95 mm x 95 mm (3 3/4" x 3 3/4")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Hibiscus' stamp set
  • pre-made mask
  • white cardstock paper 
  • watercolor paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim Hotlz's Distress Ink:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Festive Berries
  • Stabilo Fiber Tip Pen (Marker) 68/46, Black
  • Uniball Singo White Pigment Ink
  • UHU liquid glue
  • foam sheet scraps, 2 mm thick
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • scissors
  • kraft knife
  • bone folder
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Xcut A4 self healing mat
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • water
  • paper towels



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Card Mania Challenges, Challenge #106, Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, July 2018, Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


At the end of this post...

Jane has a sale and is offering 30% off on entire store. No code needed. The discount is calculated at the checkout. The sale is ending today, midnight CEST (UTC +2).


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by later today, I will be sharing one more card. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

6 comments:

  1. Your talent always shine Milka!! These hibiscus are just amazing with your water colouring and you have reused them so well, your design looks fabulous! I always make blobs and smears :D
    Big hugs, have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great, Milka. I like the elf in blue and also the flowers- amazing coloring !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright summery card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Milka, what amazingly bright flowers! Beautifully designed. Thanks so much for joining our HLS July Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...