Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Jellyfish Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this Jellyfish Card:o)


To make this card, I was inspired with a card I created in January 2017 (here) and a card I created in July 2017 (here). I used stamps from an adorable Jane's Doodles 'Under the Sea' stamp set.



How I made my card...

stamped jellyfish on a watercolor paper panel and heat embossed bubbles in white. I masked jellyfish and blended the panel with Distress Inks. I splattered the panel with water, dried the panel and repeated the process. When I was satisfied with panel color, I splattered the panel with a Distress Ink Faded Jeans mixed with a bit of water.

After drying, I removed masks and colored jellyfish in watercolor technique using Distress Inks.

Then I glued the panel on a white top folded card base and coated jellyfish and bubbles with Wink of Stella.

As a finishing touch I drew white highlights and dots on jellyfish and dots on the panel with a white pigment ink. :o)

I really like how my card turned out. Jellyfish look like they're glowing in a sea. :o)


Card dimensions: 95 mm x 127 m(3 3/4" x 5")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Under the Sea' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper (card base)
  • watercolor paper
  • black cardstock paper scrap
  • post-it paper (for masking)
    • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
    • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
    • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
    • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
      • Mustard Seed
      • Fossilized Amber
      • Tumbled Glass
      • Salty Ocean
      • Blueprint Sketch
      • Faded Jeans
    • Uniball Singo White Pigment Ink
    • UHU liquid glue
    • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
    • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
    • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
    • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
    • Ranger Heat It Tool
    • scissors
    • bone folder
    • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
    • powder bag
    • paper towels
    • dry cloth
    • water



    I'm linking my card to following challenges:
    Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

    1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #301 - Anything Goes
    This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

    2) Card Mania Challenges, Challenge #106, Anything Goes
    This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.

    3) Crafty Creations Challenges, #370 - Anything Goes
    This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

    4) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, July 2018, Anything Goes
    This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.
    Only jellyfish are watercolored on this card. :o)

    5) Little Miss Muffet Challenges, Challenge #193 - Anything Goes

    6) Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Add A Little Sparkle
    This is my 1st entry to this challenge.
    Jellyfish are coated with Clear Wink of Stella. :o)


    At the end of this post...

    Jane has a sale and is offering 30% off on entire store. No code needed. The discount is calculated at the checkout. Find more details on Jane's Doodles blog. :o)



    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


    Milka

    7 comments:

    1. Wonderful underwater scene, love the bold and vibrant colours, the jellyfishes and the white bubbles!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love the glow you've given your sweet jellyfish.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Fabulous jelly fish and scene. Love it.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Cute and funny. Love the deep blue background and those sweet octopuses. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Beautiful card, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

      Hugs
      Meena DT

      ReplyDelete
    6. A wonderful card, beautiful and very funny.
      Thank you for joining our game at HLS Watercolor.
      BożenA DT HLS

      ReplyDelete

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...