Thursday, September 27, 2018

Birthday Zebra Card

Hi everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you this CAS (clean and simple), monochrome, Birthday Zebra Card. :o)


I made this card for my friend Josip who's birthday is in next month.

To make this card I used stamps from two super cute Paper Smooches stamp sets and one stamp from Jane's Doodles. :o)

For my card layout I decided to go with one of my favorite CAS layouts. I've used it several times on my cards (here, here, here, here and here).


How I made this card...

I stamped a zebra from Paper Smooches 'Zoo Crew' stamp set on a watercolor paper and colored the zebra in watercolor technique using Distress Ink Hickory Smoke (maybe it would be better to call it watercolor shading...). After drying, I fussy cut the zebra and traced edges with black marker. Then I added tiny white dots into the zebra's eyes. I made a mistake and totally messed up zebra's "back" eye. It was unrecognizable. LOL

I didn't want to threw away whole image, instead, I cut away the messed eye, stamped the zebra again and colored only one eye, fussy cut it, traced edges... Problem solved. :o)

Then I stamped the zebra again on a white cardstock paper, colored the zebra with black marker and fussy cut the zebra leaving thin white border around the zebra. I softened watercolored parts on a soft working mat using stylus ball and glued parts over the "black" zebra. This adds a bit dimension to images.

Then I heat embossed in white a sentiment on a black cardstock paper and cut out a stripe. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches 'Sentiment Sampler' stamp set.

Before I glued the image and the sentiment stripe on a card base, I arranged elements to see how everything will look together (I always do that). The zebra was standing "in the air". Something was missing and I didn't like it. I needed an insert, black and white. As I don't have any matching patterned paper (I rarely buy patterned paper), I decided to make my own. I used a lines pattern stamp from Jane's Doodles 'Patterns' stamp set. I stamped stripes on a scrap of a white cardstock paper and cut out a stripe. I arranged elements again... better. :o)

I love dimension on my cards and I think it's a great solution for CAS cards. I glued two stripes together, glued 2 mm thick foam squares on the back of the stripe and glued it on a top folded white card base, glued 3 mm thick foam scraps on the zebra and placed her on the card.

As a finishing touch, I glued two black enamel dots on the card.


Card measurements: 95 mm x 127 m(3 3/4 x 5")

List of supplies:
  • Paper Smooches 'Zoo Crew' stamp set
  • Paper Smooches 'Sentiment Sampler' stamp set
  • Jane's Doodles 'Patterns' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • black cardstock paper
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Ink, Hickory Smoke
  • Stabilo Fine Tip Pen (marker), Black 68/46
  • Uniball Signo White Pigment Ink
  • Mitsubishi Fine Liner 0.3
  • UHU liquid glue
  • foam squares, 2 mm thick
  • foam scraps, 3 mm thick
  • Create a Smile Enamel Stickers 'Neat & Neutral'
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • Xcut self healing mat A4
  • soft working mat
  • bone folder
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • scissors
  • kraft knife
  • stylus ball
  • crafting needle
  • powder bag
  • paper towels 
  • dry cloth
  • water



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #311 - Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Crafty Creations Challenges, Challenge #375 - Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Happy Little Stampers, CAS Challenge, September 2018: Wild
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


4) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, September 2018: Anything Goes
The zebra is colored (shaded) in watercolor technique.
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

5) Paper Smooches, September 2018: CAS Challenge
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

6) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday ChallengesAnything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the simplicity of the colours on your card. A brilliant CAS Card. Thanks for playing at HLS CAS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! That zebra is very cute and fantastic CAS design. Thank you for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...