Happy Friday! :o)
On Wednesday, September 9th, was my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles Blog and I made this CAS (clean and simple), one layer, I Love Books Card. :o)
On Monday, September 7th, school started here in Croatia. I made this card for my niece Tea (10) who is a 4th grader. She loves Harry Potter, so I created kind of wizard's book on this card for her. She loved it. :o)
To make my card I used stamps from two Jane's Doodles stamp sets: a book and a sentiment from 'Read All About It' and a star from 'Happy Camper'.
How I made my card ....
On my card I went with masking. I masked a girl from the set and stamped the book directly on a white top folded card base. Also with some masking, I stamped the sentiment below the book.
I masked the stamped book and stamped stars on book's covers.
After stamping, I colored the book with Distress Inks and a Wink of Stella Clear Brush. I pressed each ink pad on an acrylic block, picked up colors with the Wink of Stella Brush and colored the book.
To add more shimmer, I coated whole book one more time with the Wink of Stella Clear Brush and my super simple one layer card was finished. :o)
Cards measurements: 89 mm x 121 mm (3 1/2" x 4 3/4")
List of supplies:
- Jane's Doodles 'Read All About It' stamp set (book and sentiment)
- Jane's Doodles 'Happy Camper' stamp set (star)
- white cardstock paper
- Ranger's Archival Ink, Jet Black
- Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
- Mustard Seed
- Blueprint Sketch
- Hickory Smoke
- ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
- Marabu fine rounded paint brush 3/0
- scrap paper
- post-it paper (for masking)
I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.
2) Love To Craft Challenge, LTCCB #50 September Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)