Hi everyone! :o)
Today I want to share with you this Bear Hugs Mini Circle Card. It was my spotlight project for Jane's Doodles on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020. I didn't manage to share it here on my blog earlier, so I'm sharing it today. :o)
To make this card I was inspired with a card I made for our last Jane's Doodles Release Blog Hop (here).
For my card I used stamps from two GORGEOUS Jane's Doodles stamp sets: 'Pumpkin Patch' and 'Bear Hugs'. ♥
How I made my card....
First I created a background panel. I randomly stamped acorns and pumpkins on a Kraft paper in watermark stamping technique using VersaMark Watermark Ink. Then I die cut a wonky stitched circle from the Kraft paper.
Then I made a card base. I cut two circles from a white cardstock paper and glued them together on the top.
I glued the panel on the circle card base.
Next up was an image. I stamped an adorable bear on a watercolor paper and colored him in watercolor technique with Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the bear and traced edges with a black marker.
I stamped another bear on a white cardstock paper, colored him with a grey marker and fussy cut him, leaving white thin border around the bear. Then I glued the watercolored bear over the grey one.
I die cut a speech bubble form a white cardstock paper and stamped a sentiment on it.
I love dimension on my cards. I glued 3-D foam squares (2 different thickness) on the back of the bear and the speech bubble and glued them on the card.
As a finishing touch I drew white highlights on the bear using a white gel pen, embellished the card with two brown enamel dots and my card was finished. :o)
I love how my card turned out. :o)
Card measurements: d = 83 mm (3 1/4")
List of supplies:
- Jane's Doodles 'Pumpkin Patch' stamp set
- Jane's Doodles 'Bear Hugs' stamp set
- white cardstock paper
- watercolor paper
- Crafter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card
- Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks:
- Mustard Seed
- Fossilized Amber
- Twisted Citron
- Lucky Clover
- Ground Espresso
- Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
- Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Light Grey 68/94
- Uniball Signo White pigment ink pen
- Create a Smile 'Coffee Collection' enamel stickers
- UHU liquid glue
- 3-D foam squares, 5 x 5 x 1 mm
- 3-D foam squares, 5 x 5 x 2 mm
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- Sizzix Big Shot
- My Favorite Things, Die-namics Wonky Stitched Circle STAX
- Create a Smile 'Speech Bubbles' cool cuts
- EK Success circle cutter
- Xcut SelfHealing Cutting Mat A4
- round acrylic block
- Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. 3/0
- crafting needle
- paper towels
Amazing fact about Bears:
"Bears care deeply about family members. They will risk their lives and even fight to the death in order to save a cub or sibling from danger."
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)