Hi everyone! :o)
Today I want to share with you this Gnomebody Like You Mini Circle Card. It was my spotlight project for Jane's Doodles on Tuesday, November 19th, 2020. I didn't manage to share it here on my blog earlier, so I'm sharing it today. :o)
To make this card I was inspired with circle cards that I made and shared here on my blog lately.
For my card I used stamps from three GORGEOUS Jane's Doodles stamp sets: a gnome and a sentiment from 'Merry Gnomes', background snowflakes from 'Driving Home for Christmas' and 'Snow Globe'. ♥
How I made my card....
First I created a background panel. I randomly stamped snowflakes on a Kraft paper in watermark stamping technique using VersaMark Watermark Ink. Then I die cut a wonky stitched circle from the Kraft paper.
Then I made a card base. I cut two circles from a white cardstock paper and glued them together on the top.
I glued the Kraft panel on the circle card base.
Next up was an image. I stamped the super cute gnome on a watercolor paper and colored him in watercolor technique with Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the gnome and traced edges with a black marker.
I stamped another gnome on a white cardstock paper, colored him with a grey marker and fussy cut him, leaving white thin border around the gnome. Then I glued the watercolored gnome over the grey one.
I die cut a speech bubble form a white cardstock paper and stamped the sentiment on it.
I love dimension on my cards. I glued 3-D foam squares (2 different thickness) on the back of the gnome and the speech bubble and glued them on the card.
As a finishing touch I drew white highlights on the gnome using a white gel pen, embellished the card with two brown enamel dots and my card was finished. :o)
I love how my card turned out. :o)
Card measurements: d = 83 mm (3 1/4")
List of supplies:
- Jane's Doodles 'Merry Gnomes' stamp set
- Jane's Doodles 'Driving Home for Christmas' stamp set
- Jane's Doodles 'Snow Globe' stamp set
- white cardstock paper
- watercolor paper
- Crafter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card
- Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks:
- Tea Dye
- Ground Espresso
- Hickory Smoke
- Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
- Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Light Grey 68/94
- Uniball Signo White pigment ink pen
- Create a Smile 'Coffee Collection' enamel stickers
- UHU liquid glue
- 3-D foam squares, 5 x 5 x 1 mm
- 3-D foam squares, 5 x 5 x 2 mm
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- Sizzix Big Shot
- My Favorite Things, Die-namics Wonky Stitched Circle STAX
- Create a Smile 'Speech Bubbles' cool cuts
- EK Success circle cutter
- Xcut SelfHealing Cutting Mat A4
- round acrylic block
- Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. 3/0
- crafting needle
- paper towels
Fun fact about Gnomes:
"Gnomes kiss by rubbing noses. They also use nose rubbing as a greeting equivalent to human handshaking."
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by in an hour, when my 2nd post for today is scheduled. Enjoy and smile! :o)