Hi everyone! :o)
My second post today. If you missed the first one, just scroll down or follow a direct link here.
On November 15th, 2020, a new challenge started at bastel-traum and our theme for the challenge #95 is Winter. :o)
I'm a bit late sharing my post here on my blog, but there is still 2 weeks left to join in the fun.
The challenge started on November 15th, 2020, at 9 AM, CET (UTC +1) and ends on December 15th, 2020, at 8:55 AM, CET (UTC +1). Find all the details about the challenge, rules and prizes in a challenge post (here).
And here is my take on the challenge: Reindeer Winter Wishes Mini Circle Card. :o)
To make this card I was inspired with a card that I shared in my first blog post today (here).
For my card I used an adorable reindeer stamp from Mama Elephant 'Reindeer Games' stamp set, background snowflakes from Jane's Doodles 'Driving Home for Christmas' stamp set and Jane's Doodles 'Snow Globe' stamp set and a sentiment from Your Next Stamp 'Christmas Critters' stamp set (the set is discontinued form YNS shop).
How I made my card....
First I created a background panel. I randomly stamped snowflakes on a Kraft paper in watermark stamping technique using VersaMark Watermark Ink and drew dots with VersaMark Watermark Pen. Then I die cut a wonky stitched circle from the Kraft paper.
Then I made a card base. I cut two circles from a white cardstock paper and glued them together on the top.
I glued the Kraft panel on the circle card base.
Next up was an image. I stamped the reindeer on a watercolor paper and colored him in watercolor technique with Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the reindeer and traced edges with a black marker.
I stamped another reindeer on a white cardstock paper, colored him with a grey marker and fussy cut him, leaving white thin border around the reindeer Then I glued the watercolored reindeer over the grey one.
I die cut a speech bubble form a white cardstock paper and stamped the sentiment on it.
I love dimension on my cards. I glued 3-D foam squares (2 different thickness) on the back of the reindeer and the speech bubble and glued them on the card.
As a finishing touch I drew white highlights on the reindeer using a white gel pen, embellished the card with three brown enamel dots and my card was finished. :o)
I love how my card turned out. :o)
Card measurements: d = 83 mm (3 1/4")
List of supplies:
- Mama Elephant 'Reindeer Games' stamp set (find it in a bastel-traum shop)
- Jane's Doodles 'Driving Home for Christmas' stamp set
- Jane's Doodles 'Snow Globe' stamp set
- Your Next Stamp 'Christmas Critters' stamp set (discontinued)
- white cardstock paper
- watercolor paper
- Crafter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card
- Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Pen
- Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks:
- Mustard Seed
- Fossilized Amber
- Barn Door
- Tea Dye
- Ground Espresso
- Hickory Smoke
- Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
- Stabilo Fibre Tip Pen (Marker), Light Grey 68/94
- Uniball Signo White pigment ink pen
- Create a Smile 'Coffee Collection' enamel stickers
- UHU liquid glue
- 3-D foam squares, 5 x 5 x 1 mm
- 3-D foam squares, 5 x 5 x 2 mm
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- Sizzix Big Shot
- My Favorite Things, Die-namics Wonky Stitched Circle STAX
- Create a Smile 'Speech Bubbles' cool cuts
- EK Success circle cutter
- Xcut SelfHealing Cutting Mat A4
- round acrylic block
- Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. 3/0
- crafting needle
- paper towels
I hope you'll like my card for this challenge and get inspired. For more inspiration, check out GORGEOUS winter cards my super talented Design Teammates created for the challenge. Do join us in this challenge, we are looking forward to see your creations. :o)
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)