Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Earthquakes in Croatia

Hello everyone!!


Three days in a row we had earthquakes here in central part of Croatia.

It all started on Monday at 6:28 AM local time, when an earthquakee of 5.2 magnitude hit. The epicenter was near towns Petrinja and Sisak, around 50 kilometres SE of the capital Zagreb (around 25 kilometres from where I live). Earthquakes continued through the day.

Yesterday at 12:19 PM local time, an earthquake of 6.4 magnitude in the epicenter hit and it was devastating for cities Petrinja, Sisak, Glina and places around.

Many families lost their homes and there were victims and injured too. City Petrinja is totally devastated, as well as some places around. County hospital in Sisak is unusable and all patients had to be transferred to the capital Zagreb. Heartbreaking...

Source: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us6000d3zh/executive 


My family and I are safe and well. Thank you all who contacted me to check on how we all are. 

We did feel the earthquake quite. Everything was shaking and it was scary, but luckily we didn't suffer any damages. 

This morning earthquakes continued. First one at 6:15 AM local time, magnitude 4.7, and then at 6:26 AM, magnitude 4.8, Not a fun wake up at all. Minor earthquakes continued through the whole day.


This is a hard time for all of us in Croatia and we all try to help as we can to families that lost everything in a second of time.

Jane of Jane's Doodles drew a beautiful digital stamp to sell for $5 to raise money for all who are in need and suffering the effects of earthquakes in Croatia. She will donate raised money to Croatia's Red Cross. If you can, please join this noble action. You can find more details on Jane's Doodles blog (here). Thank you for the bottom of my heart. 


In this scary and hard time, I took a break from posting my 12 Days of Christmas Series here on my blog, as I can't concentrate on anything at the moment. I will continue with my series as soon as I get ready to do it. Thank you for understanding.


I'm sending you all big hugs.


Milka


11 comments:

  1. This is so scary, Milka. I am sorry to read this horrible news. I have never experienced an earthquake so I can only imagine how frightening it must be. I will check out Jane's blog and make a donation. Thank you and I hope all remains well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see the news about the devastating earthquake on the Dutch news tonight, but I had no idea you lived so close by. I’m happy to hear you and your loved ones are alright. We have experienced several earthquakes ourselves since we moved to Crete, some of them quite strong, but fortunately newer buildings are built to withstand even strong earthquakes.
    I will check out Jane’s digi tomorrow. Take care!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so relieved to know that you are well. I remembered that you live near Zagreb and was very preoccupied. So so sorry for all the situation, it's very scary. Also in Italy people have feel Croatian earthquakes! I have posted about Jane too, and already donated. Hope that a lot of crafters do the same.
    Hugs and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of your crisis. Prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking of you, also here we were all scared of your earthquakes.
    Sending hugs and prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear that you are safe,really sad for all the mishap.Take care. Will check out Jane's stamp.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. So kind of Jane to offer this pretty digi and make the donation to help! I've been following the news. So glad you are safe! Earthquakes are so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god! So sorry to hear about the devastating earthquake! I was thinking of you Milka! Glad to hear you're all safe. How kind of Jane to do this needful action. Take care of yourself dear! Keeping you in my prayers! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care Milka. Hope it calms down and people get the help they need. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your image is just magnificent. So beautiful and serene.
    Keeping those affected by this terrible earthquake in our prayers.
    So glad you are safe.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ta potres je res velika katastrofa. Tudi pri nas smo ga zelo močno čutili. Ubogi ljudje, res se mi smilijo.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...