Today I would like to show you a Fancy Sunbonnet Winter Card I made last night, using a Bugaboo Digi 'Fancy sunbonnet winter 2'.
I used a sketch from Sketch N´ Dies by Tami Mayberry for my card layout. I really like this one and will sure use it again.
Sadly, this is last challenge on Sketch N´ Dies, but sure do visit, there are beautiful sketches and inspirational projects from Design Team Members.
I used white card stock paper and three different patterns of digital paper I have, to create this card.
I added white die-cuts (tree and butterflies) I had in my stash. I don´t have a die-cut machine, so I bought these a while ago.
I like a paper piecing technique, so I decided to do that with this image. I printed image 4 times on white card stock paper and once on patterned paper. After that I cut out all the elements and colored some pieces with my colored pencils (scarf, gloves, pocket, boots and piece of dress where buttons are drawn). A lot of fussy cutting, just the way I like. I also colored edges on every piece with a black fine liner. Here are detailed photos of every layer, prepared to be pieced together.
I glued all pieces together, added some dimensional tape at the back of the image and placed it on the card. Here are some close up photos of the finished image.
Card dimensions are 14 cm x 14 cm (5 1/2" x 5 1/2").
Here is a list of supplies I used to make this card:
- Bugaboo Digi 'Fancy sunbonnet winter 2'
- Birds Snowflakes Digital Paper Pack
- Gingham and Polka Dots patterned paper from digital paper collection Baby Boy Patterned Prints
- white card stock paper
- colored pencils (light and dark blue)
- white pencil
- black fine liner 0.5
- die-cut 'Tree of Wonder'
- butterflies from die-cut 'Flutter Tree'
- universal glue
- white water based glue
- dimensional double sided adhesive tape
- scoring board
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog home page.
1) Sketch N´Dies, Challenge #15
I used current sponsor´s image (Bugaboo Digi 'Fancy sunbonnet winter 2'), so I will enter this challenge twice. Thank you ladies. :-D
2) Love to Create Challenge Blog, Challenge #134 - Fussy Cut...
3) Papertake Weekly Challenge, Oh How Cute
4) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, Anything Goes
5) Crafty Girls Challenges, Challenge #27 - Anything Goes
6) Through The Craft Room, TTCRD Challenge from September 23rd to September 30th, Anything Goes
Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind feedback. :-D Have a lovely day.