Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Warm Winter Wishes Card

Good evening everyone :-D 

Yesterday I received the package with oh so beautiful Crafters Companion Bebunni Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Paper Pad and C.C. Designs Rubber Stamps 'Christmas With Ralphie'. :-D So much happiness. This was a prize of my choice for from Bunny Zoe´s Crafts, which I won as random winner at Cute Card Thursday. Thank you so much ladies. :-D 

With my new paper and digital stamps I have, I made this Warm Winter Wishes Card last night.


For this one I was inspired by a current challenge on Meljen´s Designs - Patchwork. There is still time to play, if you like. 

First I made a patchwork layer using 4 different designs from Bebunni Christmas Paper Pad. I made it as shown in video tutorial by Lawn Fawn, with a small change. I made it in Découpage technique. After the layer was dry, I had drawn stitches with black fine liner, as on other two layers.

I used two Meljen´s Designs digital stamps for this card, 'Bundled Little Snowboy' and 'Starry Holly'. I bought them this month, because there is a big sale at Meljen´s Designs. This was such a great opportunity to get all those cuties from wish list. :-D 

I also used a cute little digi ticket stamp 'Warm Winter Wishes' by Kimberly M. Landmesser, The Beary Scrap.

All images are paper pieced. I used 4 images for snowman and 2 images for holly and ticket stamp. I took photos of snowman´s layers. It was pretty late when I was making this card, so I forgot to take photos of layers from other two images. :-D

I colored with colored pencils snowman´s nose, cheek, buttons (coal), hands (wood) and that tiny piece of mitten. I added some sparkles to white pieces of snowman´s outfit with silver sparkle pen. Other is patterned paper from Bebunni Christmas Paper Pad. Look at that lovely "sweater" pattern. It was perfect for snowman´s outfit. I also added transparent varnish  on images and some dimensional tape at the back of the ticket stamp. Here are some close up photos of the finished image. 

 

Card dimensions are 13,3 cm x 13,3 cm (5 1/4" x 5 1/4").

Here is a list of materials and tools I used to make this card: 


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog home page. 

1) Meljen's Designs Design Team and Challenge BlogChallenge #229 – Patchwork 

2) Sparkle Creations Weekly Christmas Card Challenge, Challenge #44 - Anything Goes

3) The Pink Elephant Challenge, TPE270 - Anything Goes 


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback. :-D Have a beautiful night. 


Crafty Milka 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely patchwork design, Milka. Great job paper piecing this cute Meljen's snowman image! Thanks for joining the Meljen's Designs "Patchwork" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Christmas card. Love that snowman. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Thanks for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Milka!!! This is fantastic! I LOVE the papers.. Love your paper piecing too!!! You are right.. .that was a perfect pattern for the clothing! Love it!! Love your stitching too!! Absolutely gorgeous creation!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Meljen's Designs!!! Good Luck! I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)

    - Susan, Senior DT Member @ Meljen's Designs
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful - fantastic patchwork and such a sweet card :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...