Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Golden Christmas Trees Cards (Fairy Tale Challenge #156)


Hi everyone! :o)


Today a new challenge started at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.


Our theme for this fortnight is #156, Gold und Silber / Gold and Silver . You can use only one or both colors, combine them with other colors... We just want to see some gold and/or silver on your creations. :o)

This time our lucky winner will win this lovely Snowflakes clear stamp set. So cute... :o)


And here is what I came up with: Golden Christmas Trees Cards. :o)



Inspiration for these cards came from Pinterest. There are so many gorgeous triangle Christmas tree cards all over the web. :o)


Couple of years ago, I bought Marbling colors at sale. I've never marbled before and I wanted to try something new. I tried them on plastic ornament balls, but it was so ugly, I gave up from those colors. I put them in my medium box and waited for the moment I'll give them one more chance. This challenge was perfect to pull those colors on my crafting table and try them one more time, because only gold color I have is Marbling color. :o)

For trees I used Canson XL Mixed Media Paper. Great textured paper, which is smooth on a reverse side.

I marbled a paper panel on the reverse side. After drying, I cut two acute isosceles triangles from marbled paper and two more from uncolored paper.

With my trees done, I was ready for the next stage of making these cards.

I stamped a sentiment from Jane's Doodles 'Mr. & Mrs. Claus' stamp set on white cardstock paper panels and glued them on white top folded card bases. I arranged trees and glued them on cards. To add some dimension to my CAS (clean and simple) cards, I added some foam on upper trees.

Here are photos of each card...





I had so much fun marbling paper, I marbled bunch of them in various colors. I'll be using those in my future projects, I think. :o)

Dimensions of both cards: 101 mm x 140 m(4" x 5 1/2")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Mr. & Mrs. Claus' stamp set (sentiment)
  • white cardstock paper (card base)
  • Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, 300 g
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • UHU universal glue
  • foam tape 2 mm thick
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • scissors 
  • For marbled paper:
    • plastic container
    • water
    • Marabu Marble Paints
      • Gold 084
      • Clear 100
    • Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, 300 g
    • toothpicks
    • microfiber cloth
    • old magazine
    • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool

I hope you liked my project for this fortnight and got inspired. Stop by the Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and see gorgeous creations my Design Team Mates made for this challenge. Do join us, we can't wait to see your projects. :o)

Are you interested joining our Design Team? We have an open Design team call. Everyone is welcome to apply. If you are interested, you can find more details here. :o)



I am entering my cards to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.


1) 613 Avenue Create, Challenge #191 - Anything Goes
This is my 6th entry to this challenge.

2) Cards und More Shop Blog, Challenge no. 6 - Anything Goes with Winter / Christmas
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


3) The Daily Marker, 6th 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 6th entry to this challenge.
colored: DAY 20


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cards, Milka. So easy - i have to try it out. Thanks for the Inspiration.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card. I love the Clean and Simple Style!!!
    Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Cards und More. We would love to see you again ... Katrin DTx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, simple and clean, love it!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Cards And More - DT Janine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful winter card. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Cards und More Challenge. We would love to see you again, hugs Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...