Hi everyone! :o)
On Wednesday, November 29th, was my turn to be on the spotlight over at Kitty Bee Designs and I made this Penguin Winter Wishes Card. :o) I had an extra busy schedule and I didn't manage to share it here on my blog earlier. I need a vacation...
To make this card I used a super cute Kitty Bee Designs 'Hello There Penguin' digital image and sentiment from Your Next Stamp 'Christmas Critters' stamp set.
I printed the penguin on a watercolor paper and left him dry through the night to prevent ink smearing. I colored the penguin in watercolor technique, using Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the penguin and colored edges with black marker.
Then I blended a white cardstock paper panel with Distress Inks, creating Ombré Effect. When I was satisfied with the color, I splattered the panel with water and after with white acrylic paint. After drying, I heat embossed in white a sentiment directly on the panel.
Lastly I glued the panel on a white top folded card base, glued foam on the back of the penguin and placed him on the card. As a finishing touch, I drew couple more white dots on the panel using white gel pen.
Dimensions: 89 mm x 120 mm (3 1/2" x 4 3/4")
List of supplies:
- Kitty Bee Designs 'Hello There Penguin' digital image
- Your Next Stamp 'Christmas Critters' stamp set (retired set)
- white cardstock paper
- Koh-i-noor pop Aquarell Watercolor Paper, 250 gms
- Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
- Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
- Tumbled Glass
- Mermaid Lagoon
- Blueprint Sketch
- Black Soot
- Marabu Acrylic Paint (070 White)
- Unibal Signo White
- Stabilo Black fibre-tip pen 68/46
- foam sheet scraps, 1 mm thick
- UHU universal glue
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
- Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0 (watercoloring)
- Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #2 (splattering)
- Ranger Heat It Tool
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tools
- paper towels
- powder bag
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)