Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Ornament Shaped Winter Shaker Card (Fairy Tale Challenge #185)


Hello everyone! :o)


It's time for a new challenge over at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.

Our theme for this fortnight is #185, Photo InspirationCreate anything inspired by a photo below.


I was inspired by a beautiful winter frozen scene and created this Ornament Shaped Winter Shaker Card.


To make this card I used gorgeous dies from Create a Smile 'Frosty Fun' kit.

die cut an ornament in a white cardstock paper. I blended sky with Distress Inks and after drying coated it with Clear Wink of Stella. I did same with a hanger.

I used negative part of a die-cut ornament as a stencil. I traced ornament shape twice on the white cardstock paper and cut them out. I used them as a card base.

I glued all parts of the ornament die-cut on the ornament shaped base.

I didn't want to use foam for my shaker card, so I die cut 10 more ornaments in the white cardstock paper and used only frames (rest I left for other projects). I glued 9 frames together and glued them on the ornament. I glued acrylic sheet on a last frame to get a window, filled the card with shaker elements and glued the window on the ornament.

As shaker elements I used snowflake die-cuts and tinny die cut leftovers from my previous projects. :o)


Lastly, I connected the ornament shaker and the ornament shape together with a long fastener and glued the hanger on the top of the ornament. Clear Wink of Stella over the hanger and my shaker card was finished.


List of supplies:
  • Create a Smile die from 'Frosty Fun' kit
  • white cardstock paper
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
    • Mermaid Lagoon
    • Blueprint Sketch
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Long Fastener
  • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
  • UHU universal glue
  • Sizzix Big Shot
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • scissors 
  • crafting needle
  • pencil
  • eraser

I hope you'll like my card for today and get inspired. For more inspiration, challenge and prize details stop by the Fairy Tale Challenge Blog. Do join us, we can't wait to see your projects. :o)


I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge,January: Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Noor! Design U.K., January Challenge: Anything Goes


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

6 comments:

  1. Wow Milka, such great design!! So clean and elegant! Love the idea of the ornament and the way you made your shaker! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful shaker card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous shaker card, thank you for joining us at Noor Designs UK for our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project - thank you for entering HLS January Anything Goes with Dies challenge - hope to see you again! Hugs Agnieszka chanya13

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...