Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Blue Nebula Card

Hi everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you this Blue Nebula Card. :o)


To make this card I was inspired with an astronomy literature, my own Galaxy Star Background cards I made last year (if you like, you can find them here and here) and gorgeous images found on Google.

"A nebula is a giant cloud of dust and gas in space. Some nebulae (more than one nebula) come from the gas and dust thrown out by the explosion of a dying star, such as a supernova. Other nebulae are regions where new stars are beginning to form. For this reason, some nebulae are called 'star nurseries'."
Source: NASA Space Place (https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/nebula/en/)


How I made my card...

I colored a square watercolor paper panel in watercolor technique using Distress Inks Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Black Soot. When I was satisfied with the color, I dried the panel and blended edges with Black Soot Distress Ink to get more dramatic look.

After drying, I smeared a bit of a white tempera color here and there where I wanted to get lighter parts of the Nebula.

Then I splattered the panel with white tempera color mixed with water and left the panel to dry on air.

After drying, I glued the panel on a square black top folded card base and my card was finished. :o) I love how my watercolored Nebula turned out. :o)

Card measurements: 98 mm x 98 mm (3 7/8" x 3 7/8")

List of supplies:
  • black cardstock paper
  • SK thick watercolor paper 
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Salty Ocean
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Black Soot
  • Koh-i-noor tempera color (titanium white)
  • UHU liquid glue
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Ranger Heat It Tool
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
  • Marabu flat fine paint brush
  • paper towels
  • water



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolor Challenge, February 2019, Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday ChallengeNo Stamps Allowed
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD week of February 19th, Anything Goes Challenge
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

4) Uniko, Uniko Challenge #51 - Anything Goes, optional twist Love
This is my 8th entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

5 comments:

  1. Truly amazing result of your work here. Beautiful art .
    Thanks for sharing with us here at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
    Good luck with your entry
    Shirley-Anne DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing nebula, love the dramatic look and the white splatters on the vibrant blue! :)
    Hugs, hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning entry at Uniko, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Milka, your galaxy is just stunning! Love how it turned out. I definitly need to try this for my next space card!
    Thanks for sharing this beauty with us in the Uniko Challenge #51!

    Greetings from Wiebke (Uniko-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant image of the galaxy. A great design
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us at HLS Watercolor.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...