Happy Friday! :o)
This is my second post today. If you missed the first one just scroll down or follow a direct link here.
Today I'm sharing a mid-inspiration project for an ongoing Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs.
The challenge for this fortnight is #144 - Cards for Guys.
We have two sponsors for this challenge: All Dressed Up and Polkadoodles, so there will be double prizes! :o)
And here's my take on the challenge: CAS (clean and simple), masculine, Birthday Wishes Panda Card. :o)
My today's card is a CASE of my own card that I made in April 2016 (here). I really liked the card design and wanted to recreate it for our masculine challenge. :o) I used same image and other stamps on my both cards, went with same color scheme, layout, embellished both cards similar... but I made some changes. :o)
How I made my card....
I printed the panda on a white cardstock paper, stamped circles around his eyes, colored them with black fine liner and fussy cut the panda leaving white thin border around him. Using a white pigment ink pen, I drew white dots in panda's eyes and drew white highlights.
Then I stamped a sentiment on a white top folded card base, glued 3-D foams on the back of the panda and placed him on a card.
I colored a thick cardstock die-cut arrow with a black permanent marker and glued it on the card. I got the die-cut (and many many more) from a dear crafting friend Alice of Scrap & C. Thank you so much Alice!!! ♥
I stamped little stars on the card base, following similar order like I did on the card I CASEd.
Lastly, I embellished the card with blue enamel dots, arrows and stars and my card was finished. :o)
Card measurements: 101 mm x 133 mm (4" x 5 1/4")
List of supplies:
- Kitty Bee Designs 'Panda Love' Digital Stamp from 2013 January Panda Releases
- Create a Smile 'Mini Birthday' mini stamp set (sentiment)
- Create a Smile 'Eggstraordinary Egghunt' stamp set (circle.. panda's eyes)
- Mama Elephant 'Cosmic Stars' stamp set (star)
- white cardstock paper
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen F (fine) 0.6 mm
- Mitsubishi Uni Pin 0.2
- Mitsubishi Uni Pin 0.1
- Uniball Signo White Pigment Ink
- Create a Smile 'Frosty Fun' Enamel Stickers
- thick cardstock paper arrow die-cut
- UHU liquid glue
- 3-D foam squares, 5 x 5 x 2 mm
- Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
- bone folder
- acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
- crafting needle