Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Rainbow Butterfly Gatefold Window Card (IC #11)

Hi everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you this Rainbow Butterfly Gatefold Window Card. :o)


I made this Interactive (IC) GATEFOLD WINDOW CARD for my Celebrating 30 Days of Pisces 2019 personal challenge. If you want to find out more about it, just follow the link provided. :o)

This is an eleventh type of IC I made for my challenge. I made 15 different types of interactive cards during Pisces period, which was my personal challenge. I completed my challenge, achieved my goals and had a lot of fun. I wrote a short review about the challenge here.

To make this card I was inspired with GORGEOUS cards made by Vicky Papaioannou. You can find them on her blog here and a video tutorial hereThank you for the inspiration and tutorial, Vicky!!! :o)



How I made this card...

For a card base I used a white cardstock paper cut to 7 1/2" x 5". I scored the paper at 1 7/8" and 5 5/8" on the longer side and folded paper along scored lines. I got a card base measured 3 3/4" x 5". Then I die cut butterfly on the gate flaps, half on one and half on second, just like Vicky did in her video, and my card base was finished.

For the inside I decided to go with die cut inlay technique. I cut a rainbow patterned paper panel, slightly smaller than the card base and die cut the butterfly in it. I die cut another butterfly in a white cardstock paper scrap. I glued the panel inside the card and glued all die cut pieces on their place. To add more interest to the butterfly, I drew white dots on butterfly's wings using a white pigment ink pen.

Then I created a belt that will keep the card closed. I heat embossed a sentiment in white on a vellum paper and cut it to a desirable size. I wrapped the vellum belt around the card (not too tight), removed it and glued two endings together to form a belt. I placed the belt on the card to keep it closed and my card was finished. :o)


Card measurements: 95 mm x 127 mm (3 3/4" x 5")

List of supplies:

I LOVE how my card turned out!!! :o)



Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh... This is just amazing!!! Clever idea and wonderful colours!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...