Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Leo Card

Hi everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you this one layer, Leo Card. :o)


I made this card for my sweetheart for his 40th birthday, which was yesterday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!! 

To make this card I used a super adorable Leo stamp from Mama Elephant 'Cosmic Stars' stamp set and a Hero Arts 'Reverse Constellation' background woodblock stamp. :o)


How I made my card...

I stamped the Leo directly on a top folded Kraft paper card base. I stamped another Leo on a post-it paper, fussy cut him and made a mask.

I masked the Leo, inked the 'Reversed Constellation' stamp with a VersaMark Watermark Ink and pressed the card base (just front) on the stamp. I removed the card base from the stamp and left it dry on air.

After drying, I colored the Leo with colored pencils. To add extra shades to the image, I used Stabilo Pens (Markers). How I do that? I add a bit of color in the darkest colored area and smear the color with my finger towards the lighter part. It's important to work fast and to add small amount of color at once. Also, it's important to have enough thick layer of colored pencils where adding a marker color, otherwise it would soak into the paper and smearing the color would not be possible.


Card measurements: 89 mm x 120 mm (3 1/2" x 4 3/4")

List of supplies:
  • Mama Elephant 'Cosmic Stars' stamp set
  • Hero Arts 'Reverse Constellation' background woodblock stamp
  • Crafter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • TOZ Artist colored pencils:
    • light yellow
    • dark yellow
    • light brown
    • mid brown
    • dark brown
  • Stabilo Pens (Markers):
    • light brown 68/89
    • dark brown 68/75
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Fiskars High Precission Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • post-it paper (for masking)
  • scissors

I LOVE how my card turned out and my honey too. :o)



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) bastel-traum, Challenge #79 alles ist möglich / Anything Goes

2) Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge, Week 31 - Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

Update September 30th, 2019

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the cute lion is delicious and love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry.

    Jane DT for  http://https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...