Friday, May 15, 2020

Poppies Card (bastel-traum challenge #89)

Hi everyone! :o)

Today a new challenge starts at bastel-traum and our theme for the challenge #89 is Flowers. :o)


The challenge starts today, May 15th, 2020, at 9 AM, CEST (UTC +2) and ends on June 15th, 2020, at 8:55 AM, CEST (UTC +2). Find all the details about the challenge, rules and prizes in a challenge post (here).


And here is my take on the challenge: Poppies Card. :o)


On my today's card I went with same design as I used on two of my cards that I made in the summer 2018 (here and here). I went with same design, used same techniques, but I went with different flowers and color scheme. :o)

I was also inspired with a square Poppies Birthday Card that I made last summer (here), but I preferred rectangle shape for my today's card. :o)


How I made my card...

To make this card I used stamps from two Jane's Doodles stamp sets: gorgeous poppies from 'Poppy' stamp set and a sentiment from 'All Occasions' stamp set.

With some masking, I stamped gorgeous poppies on a white watercolor paper. I made masks of all poppies from the set when I was first time using these stamps to make a card. I stored them to use them in my future projects.


I colored gaps among flowers with a black marker and fixed some stamped lines with a black fine liner.


Then I watercolored poppies in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I glued the panel on a white top folded card base.

I heat embossed in white on a black cardstock paper the sentiment, cut the stripe to a desirable size, added some foam on the sentiment stripe and glued it on the card. 

As a finishing touch, I drew white details on poppies with a white pigment ink pen and my card was finished. :o)


Card measurements: 95 mm x 127 m(3 3/4" x 5")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Poppy' stamp set
  • Jane's Doodles 'All Occasions' stamp set (sentiment)
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Primary Ebony, Regular, WH00R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Barn Door
    • Ground Espressoc
  • Stabilo Fiber Tip Pen (Marker) 68/46, Black
  • Mitsubishi Uni Pin, black 0.3
  • Uniball Signo White Pigment Ink Pen
  • UHU liquid glue
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Ranger Heat It Tool
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. 3/0
  • scissors
  • powder bag
  • dry cloth
  • paper towels
  • water

hope you'll like my card for this challenge and get inspired. For more inspiration, check out GORGEOUS cards my super talented Design Teammates created for the challenge. Do join us in this challenge, we are looking forward to see your creations. :o)




I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Craft Stamper MagazineTake It Make It Challenge, May 2020
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

2) Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge, Week 19 - Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge, May: Anything Goes + optional: Emboss
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by this evening, I'll be sharing two more cards with you. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

7 comments:

  1. Your colouring on this card really is amazing! I love how you coloured the poppies. So impressive.
    Hugs from your DT sister stempelfrida at bastel-traum Challenge.
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card! Your masking and colouring is spectacular. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles DigiChooseday challenge hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of stamping and masking! A really dramatic card! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, Milka, what for a fabulous card you made. I love the colorful card. Thank you very much for your inspiration at bastel-traum Challenge.
    Hugs
    Ute
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is stunning. Your colouring looks amazing. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...