Friday, January 18, 2019

Birthday Wishes Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)

My second post today. If you missed the first one, just scroll down or follow a direct link here.



Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this Birthday Wishes Card:o)


My card is a CASE (copy and share everything) of my own card I made last year (find it here). I went with same design, layout, used same techniques, stamps and dies, except color scheme. On my today's card I wanted to create an Ombré Effect with hearts. I like it very much, I'll surely make more cards like this with different colors. :o)

For my card I used a sentiment stamp from a Jane's Doodles 'Birthday Wishes' stamp set and hearts die cuts form Jane's Doodles 'Stinks' dies set.


How I made my card...

On this card (like on the original) I went with a die cut inlay technique. I love puzzles and this technique is super fun to me. :o) You can find amazing video tutorials and awesome ideas on this technique on Jennifer's McGuire blog (here and here)

I die cut hearts in a white cardstock paper panel and stamped a sentiment in black on the panel. I kept white die cut hearts for some future projects.

Then I blended various blue tone Distress Ink colors on a white cardstock paper piece and die cut hearts in it.

I glued the panel on a same size white top folded card base, inserted die cut hearts into openings and my card was finished. :o)


Card measurements: 83 mm x 114 mm (3 1/4" x 4 1/2")

List of supplies:



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #324 - Clean and Simple
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge, January 2019
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Clean and Simple
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

7 comments:

  1. Your card is so lovely! What a gorgeous design, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already admired your card on Jane's blog, those tiny hearts are adorable in blue tones! Lovely card!
    I read also about your doctors appointments. Hope you are well.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty inlaid hearts...love the range of blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stylish CAS design and I love your ombre hearts!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS creation, love how the hearts are floating upwards - so much motion and beauty in your design! Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATSM this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very cute. I love the ombre effect in such great colors. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you'll join us again soon ~
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sweet card. The ombre hearts are so pretty! Great to have you join our gallery at the ATSM challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...