Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Butterflies Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)

My second post today. If you missed the first one, just scroll down or follow a direct link here.



Last Tuesday, January 8th, was my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this Butterflies Card:o)


I was overcrowded with various doctors' appointments last week, I didn't find time neither strength to write this blog post, so I'm bringing it today. :o)


My card is a CASE (copy and share everything) of my own card I made last year (find it here). I went with same design, used same techniques to make the card and went with a same sentiment, but I used different images and different color scheme, as well I drew a little bit different white dots.

To make this card I used stamps from two gorgeous Jane's Doodles stamp sets: 'Butterflies' and 'Bless Your Heart'.


How I made my card...

I stamped in black gorgeous quotation on a white cardstock paper panel. Beautiful lettering and quotation!!! :o)

Then I heat embossed in clear butterflies on the panel, one by one, that's the safest when I'm heat embossing. :o)

Next up was ink blending. I blended the whole panel with Distress Inks, applying colors with gentle pressure. For butterflies, I used darker blue tones and applied more pressure.

After blending, I glued the panel on a white top folded card base. As a finishing touch, I drew white dots with all over the panel using white gel pen and white pigment ink. :o)


Card measurements: 101 mm x 133 mm (4" x 5 1/4")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Butterflies' stamp set
  • Jane's Doodles 'Bless Your Heart' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Clear Gloss, Regular, WA01R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Tumbled Glass
    • Salty Ocean
    • Blueprint Sketch 
  • Uniball Singo White Pigment Ink
  • Uniball Signo White Gel Pen
  • UHU liquid glue
  • acrylic block
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • Ranger Heat It Tool
  • powder bag


I'm linking my card to a challenge:
Note: bold text is a direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

Craft Stamper Magazine, Take It Make It Challenge, January 2019: Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

4 comments:

  1. Wooo, Milka it's gorgeous and it's just perfect for thyroid awareness mont 😘 Love little white dots, they are just perfect! 💓

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the white dots you added to the sweet butterflies! Hope you are well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so pretty. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...